• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gotta love IT...

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
9am President comes in and says 'I bricked my new blackberry, fix it":scared:
10am runs back in and say's "I need the SIM card" and unplugs the USB, pops the battery and pulls the SIM card then runs out again.:wow::wow:
It had just finished backing up in prep of being reloaded....the OS was gone...
10:05 to 11:45 massive amounts of reading [and people wonder why I have 3 computers at my desk with monitors] and searching.
12:22 SUCCESS, unbricked, reloaded and hand back.....:party:
I didn't even get my feet wet on this one...

Please,
Greek has nothing on computer speak.

Yea, besides, I'm sitting back enjoying a nice Gloria Cubana, sweet n mild with an easy draw, and a beverage...:laugh:

Δεν ξέρω τι σας παιδιά μιλάμε, που μοιάζει με όλα τα ελληνικά μου

rofl.gif

Billy

Yea, besides, I'm sitting back enjoying a nice Gloria Cubana, sweet n mild with an easy draw, and a beverage...:laugh:
Mmmmm, my favorite. I wish I had brought one with me from home. After today, I could use a good smoke and a beverage or two.

I'm glad you're enjoying IT today...... the single biggest DB server at work has 3 times now in the past week decided to delete most of the administrative utilities. No fsck errors, and no tracks.

9am President comes in and says 'I bricked my new blackberry, fix it":scared:
9:00:15 hit the impolite sob in the back of the head with the offending POC and say, "learn some manners, I quit."
10:15am have new job with competitor getting paid more for the same work

IT was a lot more fun a decade ago, wasn't it?

9:00:15 hit the impolite sob in the back of the head with the offending POC and say, "learn some manners, I quit."
10:15am have new job with competitor getting paid more for the same work

IT was a lot more fun a decade ago, wasn't it?

True!

Past 24hrs, mail server lost a HDD, hot swap new spare, still caution light.
Try to VM server, takes for ever to copy, SPAM appliance runs our of room, incomming mail no longer being bufferred have to abort. VM Blade Server started spitting SAN errors out of nowhere. Mail server out of warranty, have identical model box in rack, but it is hosts external DNS and cannot take down. Tape Backup guy says he is having issues and doesn't have mail backups for over a week, there is a hold on all overtime yet if mail goes we all go... CYA emails are pouring out now.

Last edited:
yesterday - seems like a quiet start, first hour was dead...so i did what any good Cherokee driving IT admin would do. I grabbed some coffee and sit down to browse NAXJA. At about 8am i have this feeling that i should do a walk through of the server room...backup server is down with a bad cpu....ok, reboot....servers back up, but flashing bad cpu at me. spent the next 4 hours on the phone with Dell. They say update all drivers and firmware, and then call back if the problem continues:flamemad: after that i had to deal with all kinds of stupid human tricks, got home had a few drinks,

and started playing with my serverhasta

yesterday sure felt like a monday

There's the reason right there that I don't use PC hardware for enterprise servers.

There's the reason right there that I don't use PC hardware for enterprise servers.

the backup server is a Dell 2950 not a pc, i'm more pissed at Dell. Our contract is for 24 hour on site support, and they just didnt want to send anyone out to fix the problem :smsoap: nevermind that we have 30 servers here, 30 more in our Monterey office, and an additional 25 in Utah, and all of them have this service plan. Obviously the huge amount of money we pay them doesnt mean anything.:sure:

the backup server is a Dell 2950 not a pc, i'm more pissed at Dell. Our contract is for 24 hour on site support, and they just didnt want to send anyone out to fix the problem :smsoap: nevermind that we have 30 servers here, 30 more in our Monterey office, and an additional 25 in Utah, and all of them have this service plan. Obviously the huge amount of money we pay them doesnt mean anything.:sure:

And that's the reason right there why I will never have a Dell Server in my Data Center...Full HP shop here and couldn't be happier...Just my .02

And that's the reason right there why I will never have a Dell Server in my Data Center...Full HP shop here and couldn't be happier...Just my .02

Lol, I have nothing but IBM/cisco appliances, I have had bad times with HP hardware. We could have ourselves a nice little Ford vs Chevy style
internet geek battle.

That said I am proud to be one of the few IT geeks who goes to meetings with Mechanic hands!

Lol, I have nothing but IBM/cisco appliances, I have had bad times with HP hardware. We could have ourselves a nice little Ford vs Chevy style
internet geek battle.

That said I am proud to be one of the few IT geeks who goes to meetings with Mechanic hands!

So true...to each his own I guess...

Back