• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting some more power out of my 98

I know I'm a newb here But, I've been around Mustangs for 15 yrs and The Corral.com for 10. The 19# injectors can be found in any Mustang,Crown Vic, F150 with the 5.0 VERY common injector. Basicly if it's a ford with a 302, it's got 19's.
It has to be the "stick" style injectors they spray from 4 holes vs.1 Big block 460 FI trucks had blue top 24lb injectors also.

LT1 injectors work well. I actually had better luck with my LT1's than I did with the FMS 24lbers I started with.

What do you mean by ""stick" injectors. You are not talking about the newer style, tall and thin injector are you. Because they made the bosch shorter style ones for quite a few years as well. They had 4-6 holes as well usually, and Most people have had better luck running those.

LT1 injectors work well. I actually had better luck with my LT1's than I did with the FMS 24lbers I started with.

What do you mean by ""stick" injectors. You are not talking about the newer style, tall and thin injector are you. Because they made the bosch shorter style ones for quite a few years as well. They had 4-6 holes as well usually, and Most people have had better luck running those.
"Stick" injectors are the long skinny style Bosch injectors. they have the 4 holes.

that is what I thought you meant. The shorter style bosch injectors still have 4 holes on some of them. Heck, if your injectors are working fine you could just buy the pintle caps with 4 holes in them and change them out with yours.

I think my LT1's had 6 holes...

no doubt, they should work fine. I am sure bosch just changed the design so they could sell more injectors for the newer models of automobiles. The fact that the same injectors will work on an '88 XJ as on an '08 GC tells you something about the internal design changes between the two injectors.

The fact that the same injectors will work on an '88 XJ as on an '08 GC tells you something about the internal design changes between the two injectors.

Won't work with out wiring adapters to go from EV1 to EV6 connectors.

So I went with a 99 intake and a new header for now. I can feel a little more power at the wheels and the jeep doesn't seem to bog down as much.

-Alex

not sure if it was included, but if you still run the stock downpipe... get a new one mandrel bent up for it.

after my new Banks header I felt very little until that new downpipe was made up, helped it breath much better.

Biggest increase in power I've felt was by changing from mechanical fan to electric fans. I've done a bunch of stuff too, and when I had 4.10's I got 19mpg hwy. Since going to 4.88's I don't even bother keeping track, I just know it's more than 10.

List of stuff I've personally got on my xj
slightly bored TB
TB spacer
ford 19# injectors
99+ intake
Jet stage II chip
mechanical fan delete
snorkle with cannister filter
Port matched head
Banks Header
custom 3" downpipe to 3" cat and Flowmaster

Had a K&N style filter-deleted to install snorkle, I don't trust K&N anymore after having to re-ring 2 quads in one year. Never noticed a power difference, just more intake noise.

Don't buy in to the Super multi electrode spark plug hype, stock champion work best in this engine.

I also had a Jacobs ignition on the engine at one point. It functioned, but I didn't notice any gains, only increased spark plug wear.

HTH

Back