• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Functional offroad exhaust mods

That looks nice, Destroyer. Any performance difference without the dent? That thing seems to restrict the cross section by like 40%.

Did you paint all your pipes?

That looks nice, Destroyer. Any performance difference without the dent? That thing seems to restrict the cross section by like 40%.

Did you paint all your pipes?

Thanks! My butt dyno isn't feeling any difference but I'd like to think there'd be at least some increase in efficiency by getting rid of the dent as well as the craptastic y-pipe deal it had going on. With the crimp on the inside at the same spot there was well under an inch of open pipe at the dent.

I had sandblasted and wirewheeled the baked on mud off everything at the start of the project so I painted it all up except for the stainless flex section to keep it from rusting.

i need to redo all my exhaust on my junk. it is the number one thing that i hit right now. its all smashed into my tranny pan. and i go through hangers every ride. i am prob going to run mine infront of the oil pan like the tjs do. and tuck it way up, run pipe to the rear gas tank area. and mount my flowmaster there and exit my pipe where the hole in the frame rail for the gas tank hoses are. alot like vette boys exhaust.

I haven't done this myself but I am wondering if anyone has heard of someone doing a straightpipe exhaust straight through the hood. I have always wanted to mod my manifold to just shoot six pipes right along the center indentation of the hood.

Has anyone ever done this?

Kind of a thread jack but that could work because there would be no exhaust to get hit!

I haven't done this myself but I am wondering if anyone has heard of someone doing a straightpipe exhaust straight through the hood. I have always wanted to mod my manifold to just shoot six pipes right along the center indentation of the hood.

Has anyone ever done this?

Kind of a thread jack but that could work because there would be no exhaust to get hit!

If you can get your pipes to go around your intake without interfearing with anything more power to ya! But seriously, 4.0s like some back pressure and i'm not sure a set of zummies would help you performance wise at all, probably hurt it actually. Just my oppinion and you know what they say about those!

Back