• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frustrated with my RE leaf springs

So because I am dissapointed in the quality of a product from a normally reputable company, but don't have the large amounts of time required to deal with their mistake right now, you decide to personally insult me?

"I had a problem with a product, so f**k the company that sells it because I don't have the time to deal with it. RAAARRR, they should have got it right the first time!"

Sounds perfectly reasonable. :jester::read:

I bet RE will take care of you.

One of my friends bought an RE 3.5" Kit and the front coils started to split ~1 yr. after he bought them. He called them up and explained his situation and all they asked was for a picture. They sent him a new spring free.

You'd be surprised what a phone call can do.

"I had a problem with a product, so f**k the company that sells it because I don't have the time to deal with it. RAAARRR, they should have got it right the first time!"

Sounds perfectly reasonable. :jester::read:

I still kind of disagree with your assessment:dunno:....

but that post /\ was super funny..hahaha!!

Cheers, sir. :)

Pics of your leaf pack/center pins/perches/shackles and a side veiw(wheel well area) of your rig on the ground carrying weight would help with the problem!

You'd be surprised what you can do with springs. I have a Rusty's 4.5" set that started to sag on me after a couple of years. I took them apart set each leaf between a couple blocks of wood and re-arched them with a BFH. I then added a leaf from a set of stock leafs. This was about 6 or 7 years ago. Still works.

Pics of your leaf pack/center pins/perches/shackles and a side veiw(wheel well area) of your rig on the ground carrying weight would help with the problem!

Picture I took the other night. Anything more will have to wait till I get home. I think I'll just cut of the back crossmember for now and build something better later when I have time.

100_1713.jpg

well I hate to say it, but that looks like a good angle right there.

If the springs are not right no amount of jacking with them is going to make them right. If you want satisfaction with RE don't send an email, call them up. Speak with them rationally about the problem and give them the opportunity to make things right.

If the springs are not right no amount of jacking with them is going to make them right. If you want satisfaction with RE don't send an email, call them up. Speak with them rationally about the problem and give them the opportunity to make things right.

I already sent them a link to this thread. :clap:

Back