• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Coil budget lift?

Marrokstrader

NAXJA Forum User
Alright...i've read ton's of these post and have been unable to actually find a front coil that would possibly come from a salvage yard that could provide the amount of lift to match the rear dakota springs....and still not be to firm. Is there like a yj coil or something that can do that? just hopin someone out here can give me some insight on this. Thanx
Dusty

the v8 coils will net you about a inch or so, f-150 will match but might be to stiff for you

It'll take zj v8 coils and a spacer to match the Dakota leaves. I have a pair of coils make me an offer :eyes:

and a stock tj coil, i believe will actually drop the xj and inch

Mark Hinkley said:
YJs don't have coils.

hinkley

Haha, you beat me to it...I was going to recomend him using YJ coil srpings.... :roflmao:

BrettM said:
I use 3.5" YJ springs on my front, it gives about a 7" lift

:laugh3:

really i might have to try that on mine, seems like a cheap way to get a lot of lift:)

it does work very well, but don't take that comment at face value, look closely at my front end:

rubicon002_001.jpg

yeah i know i was kidding, thanks for the pic anyways i love your rig

around 2

Mark Hinkley said:
Wagon springs don't belong on the FRONT of an XJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hinkley
good thing it's not an XJ then :laugh3:

lift coils, long-arms, 3 links and different axles don't belong on the front of an XJ either. who would even think of *gasp* modifying a vehicle :rolleyes:

Alright so let me review now. I can get all of these supplies but what about the ones i can't get.

Rear Springs: Dakota rear nets 3-4.5"
Rear Shackles: Chevy Z71 nets 1-2"
Rear Brakelines: Dakota stock lines
Front Brakelines: Dakota stock lines
Front Coils: F-150 nets 3-4.5" or zj coils nets 2"
Front spacers: Net 1.5-3"
Pitman arm: ? any ideas for a salvage yard pickup?
Shocks: I heard that another jeeps shocks were longer and would work but i don't remember which one. does anybody else?
Control arms: ?

Now that i have listed the parts i know of is there anything i'm leavin out?

Back