• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frnt hubs replacement (posted in OEM)

pperelman

NAXJA Forum User
Hello!
I am trying to find replacement hub assys for 98 XJ, dealers want too much. I've been told that there ia a difference between pre97 and aft97 hubs design. Does anyone know where can I buy a pair?

TIA
Pit
:confused:

Did you consider replacing the hubs with a Warn selectable hub kit? It replaces the hub pack with bearings you can get at any auto store. Although you may have to wait a day for them to get them from a warehouse. The price difference will be made up over time by the approx. 2 MPG you get back by having them turned off.

It can be done without warn (long)

I ended up making my own front hub conversion, and gained more then warn offers. I cut the tubes on an early chevy D44 keeping the c's and everying out board, and ground the c's off my stock d30. Then I machined the inside of the d44 tubes to be an interupted fit over the now bare d30 tubes. Then pressed the machined tubes of the 44 over the 30 tubes. There was actually only about 1/2 an inch of 44 tube beyond the 44's c's. Then set the caster and welded around the tubes starting from the 44's c over the factory weld and onto the d30 tube. Doing this gained me al kids of strength and stopping power. I know run 1/2 ton chevy from ball joints out. Yeah it is six lug, no problem I used a D44 from an isuzu for the rear with disk brakes. I did need to get custom inner shafts made (thanks ctm) they are 44 shafts cut down to 30 spline count. Belive it or not it cost a whole bunch less then the warn, and gained bigger, cheaper and more available parts. It has been working excellent for over 3 yrs.
Do It
chadc

Back