• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fort collins/loveland clutch shop

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
i am going to need to replace my clutch soon, and I need some suggestions on a good shop to do the install.

thanks

John's 4x4 has both a shop in Boulder (http://www.johns4x4.com)
and in Ft. Collins (http://www.ftcollins4x4.com)

I have never been to their Ft. Collins shop, but I do know the owner (John Rush) and I can tell you that you will not get better service anywhere else.
Major work that they have done for me was installing a new t-case and new gears - front & rear. The t-case failed (manufacturer defect), and they bent over backwards to not only provide transportation for me, but to get it fixed in a hurry.

Expect to pay a pretty penny any place you go....if youve got the tools, just do it yourself. Ist not all that difficult and will cost you maybe 200 bucks in parts....vs probably 800-1000 to have it done.

Jeffro600 said:
probably 800-1000 to have it done.

hmm...that is a little more than i figured. i assumed 2-4 hours for about 400 tops.

is there anyone that would be willing to help? i would like to learn how to do this. i would gladly donate food, beverage of choice, and a monetary donation for help. i live in a condo, and the lack of a place to work on the jeep is my main problem if i did it myself.

I would stay as far away as possible from ft collins 4x4. The place has never been the same since Bob Schleppy sold out. Locally they now have the reputation for bending you over, and not even providing lube. They are only marginally better than MTR (ex-mark turner offroad).

The only place I would trust for clutch and tranny work in Ft Collins is Advanced Transmission. Located on raquette drive right next to the gym. It won't be cheap, and it will take time. But Dave does excellent work.

$700-1000 sounds about right. any cheaper and I would worry about the quality of the work.

Bob runs the 4x4 salvage yard on the north end of FC. His brother runs Bullhide.

Been a few since I lived up Rist in Stratton Park. I'm looking out that way for a job so I can get back in the rocks. Dealt with Bob quite a bit in the 90's, all in all a pretty fair guy. Went up with the Mountaineers and them a few times, too. I hope you guys don't mind me busting in on your region from time to time, I sure miss it out there.
Paul

(970) 224-1133 4x4 Off Road & Used Parts
938 W Willox Ln
Fort Collins

Bob is a stand up guy. Give him a call. He can probably direct you to a good place to have it done.

Bob'll probably have no problem doing it for you, he does repair work once again.
I just looked up Alldata time on that clutch job. 5.6 hours, so it shouldn't cost that much to have done. I would stay the hell away from John's or FC4x4. Otherwise any shop will be able to do it, it's only a clutch. Advanced Trans will charge you as if it's a gold plated clutch.

Back