• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fordyce Creek

leaving saturday or firday night?

LLlhiteBoy said:
I am planning on leaving Friday night.

right - night run in? how late?

I have a dinner to go to, but could be talked into going in SUPER late starting at like midnight...

anyone else wanna go?

LLlhiteBoy said:
I was planning on just setting up camp Friday night and get crunked then run the trail on Saturday.

I can probably do that then.

Run it from Eagle Lakes to Meadow Lake?

TTT incase anyone else wants to come...

well...

img_5914.jpg

img_5916.jpg

a 28 spline Ford Ranger 8.8 and 37" boggers dont mix well...

Jim (LL|iteBoy) gave it a little more hell than the rear axle wanted on driveline hill.

img_0906.jpg

img_0908.jpg

img_5912.jpg

really cool breakage though -
img_5915.jpg

We tried the stupid ratchet strap the stick to the leaf springs, and the boggers immediately broke our stick into pieces... we then decided to put a strap around the drum brake and secure that to the leaf springs - that seemed to work out a little better, though it ate 2 straps (rubbed through them)

all in all - we were aired down and ready to go around 9:45, then broken and done by 11:15... :flamemad:

Well - Im going to go home and install some CHP aproved mudflaps :conceited

Looks like im going to have to make another run to Fordyce this season... :D :D I WILL make it all the way through this trail this season!

the rest of my pics are here

Bummer. Well at least he had a trailer to get it home. I don't think the ratchet strap would have made it very far:D

We are young and dumb?

Yeah, that is realy dumb......and no spare shafts, well, that screams high school dropout!

David Taylor said:
31 spline sure. But a 28er with drums.:confused1
I think if you were on 33's ran simple trails it is better then the 35, but I agree with you I don't think it is worth the work to swap it out.

hey - at least the myth that breaking the axle will cause the shaft to come FLYING out as if it were spring loaded wasnt true...

:sigh: dodged that one! :laugh3:

Back