• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Radius arm pictures

andyxj

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched the site and have only come up with one or two photos of xj's actually running the stock ford radius arms in combination with the 44. I know that this is not an ideal set up, but I'm on quite a budget and was just wandering what the limitations of travel actually looked like in action. Please post any pics.

not a cherokee but its my friends EB its got the James duff extended radius arms with HP60, sterling 10.25 on 39.5s and hes got descent flex, but im not sure how it would be on an xj...

4046ohx.jpg

sweet rig! early broncos are classic!

i can tell you this, as a former Bronco owner, when Broncos SAS'd, they'd usually stay away from reusing the old control arms unless they were on a very strict budget...but when they did use them they had decent flex.

Jim63 said:
not a cherokee but its my friends EB its got the James duff extended radius arms with HP60, sterling 10.25 on 39.5s and hes got descent flex, but im not sure how it would be on an xj...

4046ohx.jpg

Wow, he's got so much flex he needs a quick disco for the front driveshaft. Sweeeeeet.

Here are a few pics of mine. I'm running RE joints on the ends of the stock arms. Not really blatant flex pix but you can get an idea of the travel. It's more than enough for me.
2wn68ty.jpg

44jq2co.jpg

4997yq1.jpg

yeah his bronco was still in the build phase at that time and didn't have the front ds ordered up yet but now its almost ready for the rocks! Hes locked front and rear with detroits and hes got an atlas 2 transfer case, this is what it looks like now with the new rhino lined body...

2e5qw6x.jpg

the stuff on cw grill looks like preperfferated aluminum. you can get it at some of your higher end hardware stores that sell little 2ftx2ft pieces of sheet steel.

The stuff that i usually work with is 0.063 preperf aluminum grade 3003 H14, you can cut and form it with tin snips.

I had some that i was going to do that with, but then got talked out of it, so i have to waite till we cut some more at work (i work in a custom laser shop) and see if i can get enough of the scrap to make some inserts, i think they look really sharp, and polished and clearcoated would give them some bling.

Blaine B. said:
CW what kind of material did you put on your grill to give it that look? Looks good!
Its just perf. aluminum. You can get it at most auto parts stores or ebay.

KSXJ said:
CW - can we get some shots of how you connected to the jeep.

Here are a couple of pics of how I attatched to the frame rails. I welded a 1/4" plate to the rail and put the brackets on that. It doesn't have the best ground clearance but it was fast and cheap.
3y7feza.jpg

48ri2jd.jpg

Here is what I did to correct the spring location because I moved the axle about 3" forward.
30rqr6o.jpg

Back