• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 rear 6 lug conversion?

XJ_4LOW

NAXJA Forum User
Hey All -

Oddball situation. I swapped an explorer 8.8 into my XJ, complete with disc brakes. I just picked up a waggy 44 front end, and it's 6x5.5 bolt pattern. I'd like to get that same pattern on the 8.8 in the back. Dutchman axles can make me an axle for the 8.8 that is drilled for 6x5.5, but I'm at a loss for what to do on the brakes.

Any guidance? I looked at isuzu rotors (6x5.5) but none of them are quite the right dimensions.

I’ve been looking into this myself... I’d like to replace the 10 bolt in the back of my LS swapped Colorado and match the front 6on5.5 bolt pattern. Axle shafts are click and buy, but I haven’t found a drop in rotor with the correct hat height and diameter for the explorer brakes. Maybe someone here has? Other option would be to redrill the stock rotors. You’ll have some overlap, probably not the end of the world.

An option for your build specifically... convert the waggy axle to Ford 5on5.5 and buy matching shafts for the rear. Then you can redrill the stock rotors with no overlap.

Good news, figured this out. Currie has stock ‘98 explorer rotors blanks that they will drill for 6x5.5. Kinda pricey at $80/rotor, but it bolts right in and fits as stock rotors.

Back