• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FM Signal Amplifier

You can boost the signal all you want, which in some cases may help. But in order to increase your range, you need a better antenna/receiver combo.

I can't believe nobody seems to make a high gain FM radio antenna! I've googled to no avail. The Laird unit is the best I've found so far.

If anyone else wants to try, look for a 1/4 wave 3 meter VHF no ground plane whip antenna.

might consider a VHF RV TV antenna. It will look ugly and strange, but probably give you a better SNM than any auto antenna.

There's an app called "TuneIn Radio" that will play any radio station that also broadcasts over the internet. It's searchable by frequency and location. So if you're looking to listen to that particular program and it's only on an FM station, that's probably your best bet.

If I remember I'll see if I can dig up my old amplifier and will mail it to you.

lol Aight. 121 Washington St Abbeville SC 29620. :)
No luck so far, it was not where I thought it was but then neither was the other stuff it was packed with. Just gotta find that box.

Back