• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

florida

haha, yes florida does suck for terrain. Mudders paradise though. Instead of rocks, you can get high centered in ruts, logs, and play a game of "How deep is that scummy pond", let's bet the jeep.

Over here in melbourne its flat, pines and palmettoes. And a fire-f--kball every other week...Not a good time to be on a local trail.

78/xj88 said:
Florida SUCK thats right SUCKS...........
Oh JUST MUD and i was born and raised here thats why.
I went wheeling with my pops in NC and just blew me away wow!
Now im building my XJ and moving to Maine!!!
DON'T MOVE TO MAINE!!!!! It does have great outdoors but they have laws here that don't allow for altering stock suspenion or stock tire size. It won't pass inspection. MAINE SUCKS!

any trails that a non-mudder would enjoy anywhere near Daytona Beach? I'm thinking of moving there for a few years. would have two lockers, snorkel and winch.

Not a lot for wheeling aside from mud and sand anywhere in Florida really.

But Tellico isn't that far away either. Too far for a day trip, but well worth the ride for a long weekend! =) Ocala has some sand trails, some small hills, etc...nothing to write home about. South Georgia has some decent wheeling too. =)

Im in the Brandon area (near Tampa). Theres a few places here to ride. Richloam/Raulerson/Citrus/Ocala NF/Hardrock Park. Thats the stuff thats local to me. There are some places on the east coast south of me and N Florida has some places worth visiting. You will find a handful of "big" XJ/MJ's down here, but we sneak up on you. You'll be browsing through a trail ride pics and see a random XJ that youve never seen before. You've got MattK, ChrisRFewell, Platinum, me, YellowXJ, FLXJBogger and a few others that are on NAXJA. Theres a local site for us called "FJOA" if your looking for shit to do thats the place to search. Welcome to the unibody family, and welcome to the worst wheeling state in the union for a built rig! Seriously all you have to do here is 3-4" lift, 33's and snorkel/waterproof the shit out of your rig and youll do just fine!

Heres a shot of my heep on a recent trail run in Richloam. As usual theres 1 unibody amungst a group of Wranglers. But you get use to it.
webRichloamRun2008-05-24Pic058.jpg

Last edited:
ChrisRFewell said:
not if you know where to go....my XJ has had some challenges in certain places.:firedevil

You can make a challenge out of any trail in Florida. Ive put myself in some fun predicaments on plain trails around here. That was just a general statement. If you do a moderate lift with 33's. Lock atleast 1 axle and snorkle/waterproof your XJ you can have a good time anywhere you go in Florida.

Hey i just moved back to the tampa/clearwater area.. mostly stock xj looking to go skyward in the next few months. Anyone know of anywhere to go wheeling; hit me up if anyone is bored. I lived here about 8 years ago before i joined the military.. all the little spots i used to know of have been developed on... fun fun.

ahhh, you don't need 4x4 in florida! lock the rear end and go baja with it! go 4.5" lift and 32's, trim the fenders or check out rustyoffroad.com's baja fenders. get a good solid tracbar, because if you like jumping dirt hills(as do i) you're gonna break a flimsy one.

Pensacola, FL here. Still trying to get my rig ready to ride.

Hey Lazers, nice to see you red.

I live in Pensacola as well. I finally got my XJ down here and I have no time in between flight planning and actually flying to do anything more than look at it. I was told by a guy that you can wheel over at Eglin AFB with permission and such though.

There's a wheeling spot up on Ten Mile Road in Pensacola if you ever want to tackle something light. I've heard to avoid it only after heavy rain.

Back