• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flingshot's Adventure Comanche

Re: Flingshot's Adventure Commanche

Actually it's clean as a whistle now. I can't believe the difference after 8 hours of lightly scrubbing and wiping.
It still has a few stains where the cables and poles rub on the fabric but it's nothing like it was.
Got a new mattress and I'm off to camp in it this weekend in about 3 hours.
Woohoo!

Lucky! I have to finish getting the front end of my heep back together.

if you take a hard look at the trans it's easy to tell BA-10/5 from AX-15
AX-15 has 3 sections that mate transversely front to back.
BA-10/5 splits right down the middle..

Pray that someone has already swapped an AX-15 into it, or start gathering parts, cause BA-10's bring the suck.

That Wildernest didnt come from NJ recently did it?

If you dont already have this link.. http://wildernest.proboards.com/index.cgi

There was another site that had some good info, i think i linked xj-grin to it in his thread.

Thanks! I have been on a lot of he Wildernest sites but I don't remember seeing this one.

No, it didn't come from NJ, it was here in Colorado sitting for about 8 years.
It was not advertised. I am actively looking for a Flippac though so hopefully by next summer, this one will be restored and ready for a new owner.

if you take a hard look at the trans it's easy to tell BA-10/5 from AX-15
AX-15 has 3 sections that mate transversely front to back.
BA-10/5 splits right down the middle..

Pray that someone has already swapped an AX-15 into it, or start gathering parts, cause BA-10's bring the suck.

Thanks! I have always had automatics so I didn't know how to tell. The previous owner said it was a rebuilt ax-15 and after looking at it and your post, I am happy to say it is an ax-15.
One less thing to worry about fixing.

Is that Wildernest pretty sturdy? I'd be afraid it would collapse when my fat a** rolled over.
It's rated at 1000 lbs. and feels pretty sturdy but as a pilot I always take into consideration that ratings are for the product when it was new.
The cables on mine look older than they actually are and it does worry me a bit.
The support poles help stabilize it as well.
I'm 225 and it doesn't seem to phase it even when I flop around.

I just spent about 4 hours trying to find a KJ Renegade light bar and just about pulled the $600 trigger at the dealer for a new one when I realized it won't work if I do get the Flippac camper.
Better wait and see if I do score a Flippac or at least keep looking for a used lightbar so it won't hurt so bad when I have to take it off.

Damn! I really like the look of those light bars.
I could go back to my original idea and mount 2 on the bumper and 2 on the pillars.

Or you can have someone build you a nice light bar...

Not enough room on top for any light bar if I get this camper....Thats why I was thinking about 2 on the A pillars. Plus it would look very Expedition...ish.
PicasaSync.jpg

Detours makes the A-pillar light brackets.

I was completely joking, I had a hard time swallowing $50 for my rock lights! haha. I like the look of the Detours also.

WARNING!

NAKED PICTURES AND SOAPY SHOWER SCENES........Scroll Down.

Topless,
1000000140.JPG

After scrubbing the tent over and over, I decided that since I have repairs to make and I am changing all the rusty screws to stainless anyway, I would just strip the tent off and give it a good soak in some sail bath.
Unfortunately the mildew was already so bad that it started to lift the coating off of the inside of the tent. Some would say that is cause to throw it out and start over but I have a plan.......yikes!

1000000141.JPG

I need to fix some areas like this where the tent just pulled out completely.

1000000144.JPG

Shower scene as promised. Don't laugh at my blue tile. Thats another winter project. Maybe.

1000000147.JPG

Soaking in mild soap.

1000000149.JPG

I changed the water 3 times, this was the second time I believe and the last one was actually pretty clean.
1000000152.JPG

So it looks a lot better and I am now working on some other things before I put it back on. I will have it ready to use again for Dinosuar National Monument and Fantasy Canyon in August only to tear it down again to paint the shell. Second (and last) tear down will likely involve painting or powdercoating the poles and plastic dipping the cables so they don't continue to turn the inside of my tent black.

This week I will be adding some lights inside and a few 12v sockets for doodads (fans, cell phone charger, small dvd player, etc.) and a power pack or 2nd battery in the back to run them.

Thanks for watching and pretending to care,

Scott

Back