• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First things First.....

I'll vote "YES"

That said, most car forums I'm on have either a "mid-atlantic" or "Washington D.C. regional" section

That usually includes VA, WVA, MD, NC, and Washington D.C. -since those states are usually considered the "mid-atlantic"

Northern Virginia, WVA, and MD are not usually considered the "south" or "southeast." Nor is MD considered the "northeast" by anyone that I know.

SC....I woud leave it in the SE chapter, since guys in SC are more likely to meet up ith people from Georgia than with people from, say, Maryland...whcih is much farther away.

cliffs: I vote YES for mid-atlantic chapter that includes VA, MD, DC, WV, and maybe NC. "Mid-atlantic" usually means "NC Outer banks north to Baltimore" IMO.

btw, from Maxima.org (which has 88,000 members or so)

Washington D.C. area (19 Viewing)
DC, MD, NC, VA, WV Maxima owners.

lowrange2 said:
Well the hek with you! NO VA! :)

you know you don't want to hang out with us city-slickers and our mall-crawlers anyways :laugh:

You want to hang out with the "Deliverance" crew down in Georgia :laugh2:

Well... remember... we in NC like to be on top.. so SC has to tag along.

ZacSquatch said:
Well... remember... we in NC like to be on top.. so SC has to tag along.
Pshh. Yeah. I'd rather hang with my step sis and the deliverance crowd than have you on top of me... :)

Back on topic.

Last edited:
Did I ever vote?

I vote yes to the new chapter. Like others have said I believe the SEC is too spread out. That's about as indepth as I'll go.

Yes

I vote a Yay...

I think that the predominate areas of a chapter should revolve around it's wheeling locations (which pretty much happens anyway).

My concern is what do the other states have to offer themselves? Like was stated before, the folks in AL and GA are going to travel where the wheeling is. It's hard to justify a new chapter when we're all going to the same place. It's also hard to say you're creating a smaller chapter with more local folks when parts of VA can be 8, 10, 12 or more hours from other parts of the chapter, which is what you have now.

That being said, I also think that the current SEC administration is pretty out of touch with its members. I still support becoming more active within the chapter that you already have. The MWC is huge, but they make it work with a local feel with meet and greets and wheeling weekends within local type boundaries.

I'm not going to vote yet, I'm still on the fence. I'm curious to hear more positive reasons why there should be a new chapter besides creating a smaller group within a group.

And stop saying succeed. The word is secede. You guys sound like a bunch of southern rednecks :D

I think its more than just where the wheeling takes place. We can still all meet up and hang out. And to have the BOD present and in the mix is what made me want to push this. I would like to get to know the BOD on more than an interweb level with the money thats being put into the club. We have a great central group here and we can have some great times and trail runs too.

I just hate the whole distance from the BOD (prez esp.). I have had a great time with other groups I am in, Jeeperz for example. Heck, last month our NC chapter prez helped me swap a TC in halfway to home from college. Just a more localized group is all I'm saying. We have more than enough people.

I agree with you, but what happens when you live in VA and your prez is in SC? The same thing takes effect, except it's not you, it's someone else.

I think you can meet up and hang out the way it is, without all the extra political drama that's involved with another chapter.

I'm not against this, I'm just interested in stimulating the discussion. I'd like to hear comments from the other 75 or so folks that would make up the new chapter.

RedHeep said:
I agree with you, but what happens when you live in VA and your prez is in SC? The same thing takes effect, except it's not you, it's someone else.

I think you can meet up and hang out the way it is, without all the extra political drama that's involved with another chapter.

I'm not against this, I'm just interested in stimulating the discussion. I'd like to hear comments from the other 75 or so folks that would make up the new chapter.

I don't have a issue with that, most Virginians vacation in SC at least one week out of the summer!LOL! SC is not a far drive from most places in VA with the exception of NOVA.

Other Virginians speak up!

Personally everything would be within a three hour drive for me aside from SC. That is doable.
I would love to get to know people within a reasonable distance, as i am new to the area and i don't know anybody. But anything further than SC is very hard.

I'm not sure that forming a new chapter would increase the current level of participation.

We should look for ways to encourage more participation at the local and regional level. I think that at the local level within the SEC we should work on ways to get the NC people together every so often for a M&G or wheeling and camping thing or even a trail maintenance day at Uwharrie every so often.

I think we can work out ways and activities that will encourage participation and fit into everyone’s busy schedule and still keep the SEC Chapter intact.

Jeepsloth said:
I'm not sure that forming a new chapter would increase the current level of participation.

We should look for ways to encourage more participation at the local and regional level. I think that at the local level within the SEC we should work on ways to get the NC people together every so often for a M&G or wheeling and camping thing or even a trail maintenance day at Uwharrie every so often.

I think we can work out ways and activities that will encourage participation and fit into everyone’s busy schedule and still keep the SEC Chapter intact.

This is tough to do even at a very local level, our local forum in Roanoke has 1100 members and 250 are active. We rarely get more than a dozen or so at a M&G and sometimes we will get a couple dozen for a big ride. Its hard to get everyones schedules to match up.

You will have some that show up at everything and others who never show up. Wrenching parties fair well if beer is involved!

as I was requested to vote, I'll put my less-that-.02 in the hat:

I'm all for smaller, tighter knit groups, but since I haven't had the chance to see what the SEC has to offer, I don't see the need to change anything. I'm sure with time, I'll form a stronger opinion about what we should have or shouldn't have done, but for now (with my limited experience) I'm not convinced that there is any reason to change.

Back