• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: Rig, Built Axles and Steering

Kaczman

Lurker
NAXJA Member
I'm out. Here's some parts for sale. :(

Rear 35 spline Dana 60. 5.38 ratio, Detroit locker, shaved ring gear (.500"), shaved and plated housing, cut and plated RuffStuff cover, trussed, 35 spline Moser shafts, disk brakes, 4 link and coil mounts. 62" WMS, 5 on 5.5 pattern. Completely TIG welded and ready to go. More clearance than a D44 and a ProRock 60.
Truss.jpg

Shave3.jpg

Shave2.jpg

Uppers2.jpg

LinkSpringMounts.jpg

Asking $1250.

87 Waggy Dana 44 front axle. 5.38 Spicer gears, Detroit locker, Alloy USA shafts, Longfield 300M U-Joints, Warn Premium hubs, 5 on 5.5 pattern, PSC high steer arms. It is trussed and set up for coils, triangulated 4 link and hydraulic steering. 60.5" WMS. Steering sold separately.

100-0004_IMG.jpg

Axle.jpg

Asking $950.

Performance Offroad Systems hydraulic steering. 3" bore, 1.5" shaft, 8" stroke balanced (double ended) cylinder with double shear clevises, (4) 3/4" x 3/4" QA1 heims and ram clamps. Danfoss load reactive orbital, 3.5 turns lock to lock. Integrated cooler/ filter/ reservoir. Howe TC style power steering pump and pulley. I'll also include all the hydraulic hoses and some spare fittings and hose.
100-0005_IMG_2.jpg

Read a review and write up here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ng/index3.html

Asking $1000.

I could sell the complete rig including Accurate Power 4.6l stroker, AW4, 242 t-case, Bilstein shocks, D-shafts, Warn 9500i, Mobi-Arc welder and cage if anyone wants a ready-to-go, climb anything rig. It needs some body work and a couple tubes replaced on the cage.

-Jon

Oh yeah, here's pics of the rig:
album_pic4.jpg

album_pic.jpg

Front: Narrowed 10" Triangulated 4 link, D44, Hydraulic steering, limit straps.
Rear: Narrowed 18" Triangulated 4 link, shaved, trussed 35 spline D60, TIG welded mounts, disk brakes.
4.6l Accurate Power built stroker, AW4, 242, Caged, flat skid, unibody reinforced, 38" TSL SX's on Allied beadlocks.

Holy shit Jon - this sucks. What are your plans?

For anyone considering it - Jon's rig is "the shit" where overall fabrication is concerned - it's a thing of beauty guys. It's one very well thought out and executed rig.

My roommate may be interested in the hydro setup for his buggy. Ill let him know when he gets back from work. Are you willing to ship?

Holy shit Jon - this sucks. What are your plans?

For anyone considering it - Jon's rig is "the shit" where overall fabrication is concerned - it's a thing of beauty guys. It's one very well thought out and executed rig.

There are no plans... Times are tough and the Jeep is pretty low on the priority list. I'd rather have a house than a Jeep. If you need some welding or general fab work I'd be happy to work for cash. TIG, MIG, and the usual debauchery. Money talks.

My roommate may be interested in the hydro setup for his buggy. Ill let him know when he gets back from work. Are you willing to ship?

Yeah, I'll ship. It's a bit heavy so shipping is $$$. Local buyers have first dibs, but anything is negotiable.

-Jon

He's gotta sell some coil overs and some air shocks first...

If you get the chance sell them, if not let me know a little down the road and we'll see what we can do.

I'd like to get $8000 for everything, bit I know built rigs get killed on resale... It needs some work to make it look good again. Mechanically, it's solid; aesthetically, it could use a little work (it needs fenders, the new hood installed, and a skinned roof). I'm willing to fix it up a bit, but it'd still be an XJ buggy, not an XJ.

-Jon

I wish. Sweet buggy's are going for 11-15k on Pirate. Mine's a pile of parts compared to what's out there. I built for function over form and now it'll kill me... Maybe I'll find a way to keep it, but I'm running out of options and time.

-Jon

Back