• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan shroud from Rock Auto:$13 total

I was in the process of replacing my fan clutch on my 87 4.0 AW4 and broke the original, brittle fan shroud. Great, there goes $50 bucks I thought.

Did a search at RockAuto and they have them for $5.65, with shipping came to $13.

Just got it today, made in Taiwan, looks great and OEM quality.

I feel like stocking up on these and selling them on e-bay:wierd:

Greg
Can you give me the part number of the one you recieved from RA?
Is it the same as mentioned by TerraWombat?
CH3110104

As mentioned mines a 88 model.
Parts places say the 84 to 96 shrouds are identical.
The stealership says the newer models have different part numbers and the don't know if they will interchange. And the 88 shroud list for 50 something bucks.
If anyone knows for sure if they are the same part this info would be helpful to know.

Last edited:
2.8 million actually. And it was a touch more than that, IIRC. But we'll round down.

I got my shroud at the JY for $5, it even has that awesome little pic of a guy putting his hand into the fan with (/) on it.

I'm on my third in three years - I've been buying stuff from innerauto dot com, good prices, chinese stuff mostly. These shrouds seem to attract the full body weight of the guys working at the havoline oil change place on 4th street in St. Petersburg, FL. They lean on them, the fan gets into the shroud, they pull back the shroud to "adjust" it, and it's broken again. Knuckleheads!!

Gotta search for them under 97+ for the fanshroud... I just bought two for my 93 and wife's 99 for $21 shipped... had their deal going for $5 a shroud + shipping.

Once you're in the 1996 Jeep Cherokee section (and have chosen whatever engine you have), a new search prompt comes up and if you type in "fan shroud" and hit the 'Enter' key on your keyboard, it will highlight the section your search turns up results. Edit: I see this doesn't work for certain years now. The fan shroud they have listed is supposed to work for all years (as long as it's a 4.0L). Not sure why their catalog doesn't show it as such...

In the case of this part, it is under Engine/Fan Shroud

Part number is CH3110104

And to anyone who doesn't think Rockauto's parts catalog is the most efficient way of organizing car parts is a damn fool :D
go figure... mine broke last night, and the one I got at the junkyard for a friend ended up having an AX15 slide into it in the back of my MJ. And rockauto seems to no longer carry them, they don't show up under any year and the part number you gave returns nil :(

partsgeek or the dealership it is I guess.

I want one more because it keeps my fingers, shirt, DMM leads, and coolant overflow bottle hose from meeting with the fan blades.

what's up with the fan shroud?
Mine's 10 years old and never been replaced...is there something I'm doing wrong? :confused:
Careful of what you ask for, you might just get it!

Back