• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elbe Saturday March 10

Spaz said:
I'd go, BUT there are a few issues.

It seems to me that everytime you all decide to run something, you always put limitations to what you need to have on your rig to be able to run it.

For instance this run your asking for at least 32" tires i think and at least one locked diff? It seems like this is the usual for this group. I know it's not the case every time, and i'm sure that some lifted stock rigs are run... I've been to Reieter, Elbe, Evans.. I've been to most of the trails you all go on, but not in a jeep, more like my 1/2 ton pickup, and I understand why you ask for these mods.

I guess what i'm trying to say is do you guys ever pick a run that the "normal" guys can go on too? I don't really have the money to just throw in a locker, but I do enjoy driving my own vehicle, not riding shotgun.

Oh BTW my t-case is fixed.

i'll be at tahuya on sunday, you will excell well there with open open axles and what ew=ver tire you have

GreenbeltXJ said:
i'll be at tahuya on sunday, you will excell well there with open open axles and what ew=ver tire you have
I'm bored How do I get there?

Spaz said:
I understand all this, and you have a valid point. So I will take this to heart, except for the part of " your rig gets hurt " Maybe others are concerned with this, but my thought on this is that if you are going to attempt one of these trails, then you should have no care as to what happens to your baby.
LOL I wouldn't have stripped my intire interior out if I cared about the "looks" of it. Have any of you seen it lately? it's pretty good. I've got no carpet, no door panels, no rear seat. It's basically rhino lined, and diamond plated doors now. I'm getting it ready for the tree piviting, and river crossings
spaz said:
I'd go, BUT there are a few issues.

It seems to me that everytime you all decide to run something, you always put limitations to what you need to have on your rig to be able to run it.

For instance this run your asking for at least 32" tires i think and at least one locked diff? It seems like this is the usual for this group. I know it's not the case every time, and i'm sure that some lifted stock rigs are run... I've been to Reieter, Elbe, Evans.. I've been to most of the trails you all go on, but not in a jeep, more like my 1/2 ton pickup, and I understand why you ask for these mods.

I guess what i'm trying to say is do you guys ever pick a run that the "normal" guys can go on too? I don't really have the money to just throw in a locker, but I do enjoy driving my own vehicle, not riding shotgun.
You have missed the point by miles. Tahuya is soooo your speed.

-----Matt-----

P.S. I had a much more detailed response written, but realized it would be wasted. I'm at a loss for further words. Ask anyone, that's a feat!

Here's a link for you:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/290470650.html

Spaz said:
I understand all this, and you have a valid point. So I will take this to heart, except for the part of " your rig gets hurt " Maybe others are concerned with this, but my thought on this is that if you are going to attempt one of these trails, then you should have no care as to what happens to your baby.
LOL I wouldn't have stripped my intire interior out if I cared about the "looks" of it. Have any of you seen it lately? it's pretty good. I've got no carpet, no door panels, no rear seat. It's basically rhino lined, and diamond plated doors now. I'm getting it ready for the tree piviting, and river crossings

If you enjoy having such luxuries as doors that open, glass intact, lights, etc... Elbe is not the place for you this time of year. It has nothing to do /w a few scratches or dings. This time of year, any rig that is not locked, good tires, winch, etc. does NOT belong there... and for whatever reason, THIS year is worse. Just take our advice and don't go on that run. Like other have stated, it's more the season than anything... wait a month or two and Evans, Elbe, Naches, etc. are ALL open and a good time.

J

You couldn't pay me to wheel Elbe this time of year. Unless you're a fan of three and four foot deep blind slurry holes filled with roots and rocks that will bend steering rods, unseat tire beads, and fill u-joints and wheel bearings up with crud, not to mention the tree damage full body rigs will suffer, don't go.

I haven't been there in awhile, I'll go this Summer when it's a little bit dryer.

In no way did I mean my comments to try to be an arse. I truely know how bad these places are in the winter, becuase i've been there, but in my chevy. Thanks for the comments though. I was really only wondering if you ever go on runs that are less challenging given the "weather & time of year"

Should have seen Evans a month ago, a minivan could have made it through there. Give it a month, I'm sure it'll all be good again. However I have seen snow up there in July.:)

Just made it home. That is the longest gnarliest trail in the the world. There was some significant carnage to report, all in due time. Right now I have to try and recruit some help and prepare for day 2. (yes, one is still there) If you have a VERY capable rig and are willing to do some wheeling/recovery/extraction tomorrow, get ahold of me.

mud1059 said:
Just made it home. That is the longest gnarliest trail in the the world. There was some significant carnage to report, all in due time. Right now I have to try and recruit some help and prepare for day 2. (yes, one is still there) If you have a VERY capable rig and are willing to do some wheeling/recovery/extraction tomorrow, get ahold of me.

HAHAHA... sounds like fun. Elbe lives up to it's name yet again :)

J

Did you say HI to my buddy while you were there today? :D

treebeard.jpg

hehe, no questions. That is plain sick. Carnage report

SIGNIFICANT body damage. x 3 rigs
1 D side window
2 toyota shafts
1 winch
1 hatch
1 tailsection
1 clutchpack (stuck CJ)
1 headlight assembly
10 hours on one trail
I think that's about it. Not too bad really :shocked:

The misplaced at the monster truck rally XJ? Ya, said hi. I dont think I get why it's abandoned there, didn't seem like a tough spot, compared to everything else on that trail.

I towed the CJ the entire way through the rest of the busy with no power to the wheels. Now another rig is busted - semi bad. I have the parts to make it rear wheel drive, so that'll make things way easier than what I did today, but my rig can't make a 3rd trip without some SERIOUS TLC. If you guys have some contacts, call this guy and try to get something together. Garret Goodwin 360 872 0595

I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks again,
Paul

mud1059 said:
I towed the CJ the entire way through the rest of the busy with no power to the wheels. Now another rig is busted - semi bad. I have the parts to make it rear wheel drive, so that'll make things way easier than what I did today, but my rig can't make a 3rd trip without some SERIOUS TLC. If you guys have some contacts, call this guy and try to get something together. Garret Goodwin 360 872 0595

I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks again,
Paul

So, you're saying there's another rig still stuck in there, and your rig is out but not prepped to go back... correct?

Back