• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elbe Jan 2

A buddy of mine from HS. He went to Wyotech, his dad was a big mud bogger competitor, he's a mechanic at Boeing. Still can't manage to build a rig to save his life. U should all show up and give him a hard time :)

It was an interesting day...
The theme for the day:
IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

Thought this was a cool pic
IMG_5457.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5467.jpg

Then we ran into these clowns. I decided to put my camera down before I broke it slipping around in all the goo. Bottom line, 9 rigs and four hours before it was our turn for a go.

This retard was in this hole for an hour. He literally spun his tires here for 15 minutes non stop. He didn't move an inch during that time.
IMG_5468.jpg

This guy was open/open on 35s. They thought it'd be a good idea to watch him for over an hour tearing the living piss out of the "bypass." Destroyed. He lost a bead, then finally got some help. Not soon enough.
IMG_5469.jpg

This guy in the willy's had trouble with his propane. Then he killed both his red tops. Then his starter seized. I convinced them finally to beat the thing with a hammer. It started and made it out finally. Notice the white cloud in the back of the K5, that was him too.
IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

Sorry I didn't take many pics, but these are far more than typical for me.

Total damage I was aware of:
1 35" tire
1 tranny or TC in k5 truggy (Hard to diagnose the clunking)
1 tru-trac in sami
1 high steer knuckle in yota
2 red tops, 1 propane kit, and starter in a Willy's
1 driveline in fullsize ford crewcab truggy.
Lastly, I have a hole in my trailer tire.

I think I made it out pretty lucky :)

Oh, and that spot we spent 4 hours watching rigs break and winch? The yotas and I made it through there in less than 2 minutes. Total.

Back