• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do all Jeeps suck or just mine

Finally found it in the FSM

It is in the adapter were the cable hooks to so will be testing it there to see what is going on.

GOT IT FIXED!!!!!!!party1:

Found the speed sensor/distance sensor or what ever they want to call it. Started tracking wires looking for the connector. It is back on the adapter just below the speedo cable. Got to the other side of the TC and found 2 sets of wires that look like they had been spiced before. Checked colors and 1 was the same 1 was different, took some jumpers and connected them, rechecked the TCU plug with the XJ rolling in nuetral and had a signal. Repaired the wires and it shifts great now.

One more thing fixed the rest is minor.

Thanks for all the help on this thing.

GOT IT FIXED!!!!!!!party1:

Found the speed sensor/distance sensor or what ever they want to call it. Started tracking wires looking for the connector. It is back on the adapter just below the speedo cable. Got to the other side of the TC and found 2 sets of wires that look like they had been spiced before. Checked colors and 1 was the same 1 was different, took some jumpers and connected them, rechecked the TCU plug with the XJ rolling in nuetral and had a signal. Repaired the wires and it shifts great now.

One more thing fixed the rest is minor.

Thanks for all the help on this thing.

Ha, great! I was gonna say that as far as I know the RENIX system doesn't actually use a VSS, but the AW4 itself does. Was the sensor inline with the cable on the T-case end, or somewhere else? I'm only interested because of my personal build...

Hit me up with any other little issues, I've got a good handle on how to fix these systems now...

It was not in line it was actually below were the cable goes into the adapter in the adapter. Now if I can get the wanting to die when you touch the gas pedal right after it is started I will be done! For now!

Good to hear you got it fixed. Mine has 214k and still going strong. It was my college vehicle and have owned it for twelve years. Just have to stay on maintenance. Nice thing is that there were so many made, you can usually find answers to many questions.

Last edited:
Back