• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Digital Torque Wrench - Holiday Special

I'd pick one of those up too...

We are still working on the inch.lb version - don't have any definitive dates as of yet. But - fyi - it will be digital and not dial indicating. BLMW

FYI, JeeperJohn is most likely asking because a dial indicating in/lb torque wrench is used to measure bearing preload on the pinion when doing a gear install. you need to be able to see what the rotating drag is, this cannot be done with a digital wrench.

FYI, JeeperJohn is most likely asking because a dial indicating in/lb torque wrench is used to measure bearing preload on the pinion when doing a gear install. you need to be able to see what the rotating drag is, this cannot be done with a digital wrench.

Thanks for the explanation. Can this be done if the Digital Wrench is in "track mode": it just displays the real-time torque values on the LCD?

BLMW

Thanks for the explanation. Can this be done if the Digital Wrench is in "track mode": it just displays the real-time torque values on the LCD?

BLMW

i would assume yes, that it would be possible to use it like that. I had no idea the wrench had that feature. Interesting :cheers:

Maybe I'm coming a little late to the party but how does the Brownline compare to a snappy or Mac wrench in quality?

Obviously I am biased, but we think it compares really well. We use a different, patented technology to measure torque, and it is inherently less expensive to manufacture than what our competitors use. This is why we are able to offer the wrench at such a good retail price point.

BLMW

Back