• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dicks little white XJ

I thought you might like that.

This XXXXing lower drag link bolt isn't working. I can't get it to stop spinning to save my life. That's all I need to have the axle completely installed. I did a couple back and forth rolls to make sure everything rolled right and that was ok. Once this bolt is tight I can put a cotter pin in everything and I'll be done.

I had the same probelm when i put a zj tie rod onto my xj. I used a c clamp to press the two bars together tight enough to get the castle nut tight. Stupid thing kept spinning till i put some pressure onto it so it would stay.

either that or you can have someone use a large pry bar to put pressure against it.

clean out the taper on the end and the hole so there isn't any grease allowing it to spin.

clean out the taper on the end and the hole so there isn't any grease allowing it to spin.

thats what im gonna try tonight. by time i got to those last few nuts i was way too tired to mess with it anymore. got to sleep about 12:30 and was back up at 4:45 to take the gf to the airport.

Check the threads on the stud. If they're gulled up, the nut isn't going to go on easy.

Like I said last night, when the TRE's start to spin on me, I use a jack to put pressure on them from underneath. You just need to get it seated in the taper.

it was just to get it past the spinning point so it would actually torque down. front end is all buttoned up and now im just getting used to the detroit in the rear. first impressions, its really noisy. it clunks when shifting. so load and unload you have to be really easy or it is really jolty. to me it feels like theres too much slack in the gears, but nick said it seems normal. we'll see.

also got the seat brackets moved around. everything is working out like it should. ill have the suspension seats in tomorrow. im excited for a trip around in them. ill post up pics later this week when i get the jeep cleaned up and the garage back in order. most likely ill only get the seats in and then clean the jeep. the garage will be a couple day cleanup.

it was just to get it past the spinning point so it would actually torque down. front end is all buttoned up and now im just getting used to the detroit in the rear. first impressions, its really noisy. it clunks when shifting. so load and unload you have to be really easy or it is really jolty. to me it feels like theres too much slack in the gears, but nick said it seems normal. we'll see.

also got the seat brackets moved around. everything is working out like it should. ill have the suspension seats in tomorrow. im excited for a trip around in them. ill post up pics later this week when i get the jeep cleaned up and the garage back in order. most likely ill only get the seats in and then clean the jeep. the garage will be a couple day cleanup.

Try switching the gear oil to 85/140.. worked on my detroit just a suggestion

Ok so recap of today:

Got my front end tightened down
Brakes bled and they do feel better
Got my suspension seats installed (pretty comfy I must say)
Lastly I got my free spot lights wired up and everything works!

This was the first time I've ever taken on something with a relay. I know for most of y'all it's probably pretty simple but for me it's just something I've never done and am glad to have got it all done. And the fact that it worked on first try is sweet. And for tomorrows night run they should help out a lot. Especially considering my headlights bring the suck real bad.

Here's pics of the lights and seats

4c163959-9b8d-f0c3.jpg

4c163959-9b9c-75e4.jpg

4c163959-9bae-0749.jpg

We'll see tonight. I don't think I'm gonna change them after the whole process I went though last night. But hopefully they're not in the way.

Anyone know if there's laws about keeping them covered when driving on the road?

We'll see tonight. I don't think I'm gonna change them after the whole process I went though last night. But hopefully they're not in the way.

Anyone know if there's laws about keeping them covered when driving on the road?

As long as you don't turn them on you should be good.

I see fire or sparks what the hell are you guys doing that requires cutting or welding?

Back