• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

detroit tru-trac?

I have them front and rear on my 2001 XJ. On icy/slushy roads here in Denver, if I get on the gas going around a corner, it will break loose maybe a little bit easier than when it was open--a little, not a lot. Overall, though, I like them very much.

Cherokee95 said:
I can't find a TT for the Chry 8.25. Where did you folks get yours?

They make one for the 29 spline but I believe that you have the 27 spline rear.
What you might wanna do is check to find out if you can change the shafts to the 29 spline.
This way you have both a TT and a stronger rear.
Just an idea, I don't know if you can just change shafts and differential, it might be worth checking in to.

Last edited:
I just wanted 2 more cents. I argued that my XJ does not plow like some have said. I will aknowledge that my turning isn't as sharp in the snow. Pushes mildly, but not a big problem. I have not had a need to use my OX in the rear. Plus, reading about lockers in the snow, I didn't feel it would help. With the conditions we've had I turned my rear locker on. I was very suprised at it's performance. I expected to break my rear loose more, but it fact was very hard to do. Mucho traction.

Why I am saying this though is the one thing I did notice is that I couldn't turn. When I go into corners my XJ wants to go straight. I'm not on the gas or doing anything crazy. Mine works as a spool and does not differentiate. Now if you have an auto locker and it is locked I would expect the same results. When my locker is off it turns fine as I mentioned above. In my case it is my rear locker pushing my through the turn, not my True Trac. For those that are locked in the rear and have complained about True Tracs plowing, maybe that is the problem.

Plowed less when open in the front. I still think an auto locker in the front would work better at low speed.

BlueCuda said:
Plowed less when open in the front. I still think an auto locker in the front would work better at low speed.

Absolutly. The TT is not invisible. With my TT alone, it isn't that big of a deal though. With my rear locked, wow. It is a big deal. I certainly can't say your experience is wrong, it is simply your experience. I'm just trying to add a bit more to the picture because it is obvious that some people think the TT traits are noticable while others do not. For those thinking of getting one, you will have to do the same thing I did. Take the information at hand and make your own decision for your needs. For me, I'm very happy with my decision.

Back