• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DEER!

sloppyjoe

NAXJA Forum User
I had a stinky beginning to this holiday season. Well, I hit a deer Thurs on the way to see the rents in Indy. It sucked, I had to be towed back home(3 hours), and my XJ is wrecked up pretty bad. I am alive and happy for the safety granted to me, but it still is a major bummer when things like this happen, I just had to get the Jeep b/c my zj gave out and then smash my pretty baby gone to bits in an instant, the Trooper said it was the biggest dow/doe (?) he had ever seen. I will try and post some pics. Sorry for the rant but I had to let out some of the steam from this horrible affair, I do have coverage and it seems that all will be returned to good. I hope they don't total it thought. I hope you all had better luck with the holidays. You know thought, when I sit back and think of how it all went, I really am glad to be able to spend the time with my wife and family. I'm done Merry New YEAR!. JOE>

Fawkin Yard Cows! I hate those bastards!

Bummer to hear that Joe :( Was that you I saw last week in a white 97+ late-model on aprx. 3" lift? That was a sharp looking XJ.

If I can, I'll blast a few for ya local... my co-worker has blasted 11 this year that he owns up to (that was as of 10 days ago or so, in all likelyhood he's whacked & stacked several more by now...)

well if they (the insurance co) don't total it, get estimates (higher priced ones) then have them cut the check to you and have the body work done well enough to suit you, and use the majority of the $$ to buy a NICE HD bumper like an ARB or something like that..

i wish thats what i'd have done, when mine was stock and a woman driver pulled out in front of me at an intersection, spent a month in the body shop & $2700 worth of body work and it still looked like it had been wrecked (body lines will never go back to perfect after an accident)

good luck

woody said:
Fawkin Yard Cows! I hate those bastards!

Bummer to hear that Joe :( Was that you I saw last week in a white 97+ late-model on aprx. 3" lift? That was a sharp looking XJ.

If I can, I'll blast a few for ya local... my co-worker has blasted 11 this year that he owns up to (that was as of 10 days ago or so, in all likelyhood he's whacked & stacked several more by now...)

Yes it was me and it is not soo clean right now. I hope they do not total it, b/c it was a good Jeep. I am hoping they fix it back to it's former glory, but we'll see, I have not even heard form the insurance people yet. I am glad you like it Woody, I made that lift with parts from other Jeeps, its v8 ZJ coils in the front and a bastardo pack in the rear sits bout 1.5 over in the rear and 1in exactly in the front. Rides nice and handles well enough to keep you between the ditches when hitting a huge deer at 65 mph. JK I'll keep you posted though.. JOE>

IF they total it and they might, soory to be the bearer of bad news, the opt for salvage and let them cut you a check and the title. Do not let them make you think they will get more the 500 to 1K at action for it bc they will not! I have been to insurance actions and xj's are fairly cheap. JMHO! Also if the repair is going to be arround 40% of the value it gets totaled. Sorry to hear that.

What state were you in when it happen?

VA, about 30 miles outside of Wythville(can't remember the spelling) It sucked but the tow man was cool, he had all these stories about the things hae has done, it was a bumpy ride home for sure. JOE>

Check and see in some states the deer are wards of the state and the state is responsible for the damage they do.

Back