• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cutting unibody

Tobyxj

NAXJA Forum User
I think this is fab. If I cut part of this out to tuck my winch in a bit more am I going to hurt the structure ?
218c69f9.jpg

get an ORS bumper, he makes them flush or that stick out 2 inches past the grille. They're about 250 shipped to your door. I have one, very nice quality.

I'm sure it was about cutting and relocating the winch to under the radiator.........pay attention better :rolleyes:

That bars looks like it 'might' be a steering box brace? It looks to sit a little too far back for that though.. I think it's possible that it was just to hold the unibody straight while he cut the crossmember.

Edit: I think I figured out the super-cool rusty brace! (Not sarcastic, I see no problem with surface rust, it's just a little unpleasant in certain places. It only takes 10-20 minutes with a wire wheel and some spray paint to take care of it.) Advanced fab doesn't seem to like his home-brew brace. Maybe it needs some dimple-die speed holes and a cool paint job, then they'll embrace it!

Ok I was thinking i already made a brace form one side to the other for the track bar. But yeah only take out what I need

On topic: Great job - It looks clean and functional! I considered going this route when I built my front bumper, but I decided against it, maybe some day when my rig is used less on the street. :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy from ors again never got my wing he messed up and his integrated bumper bent when I tryed to pull out my buddy.

I wouldn't buy from ors again never got my wing he messed up and his integrated bumper bent when I tryed to pull out my buddy.

Really? i haven't had any problems with mine but i just got the simple stubby bumper.

sorry for the hijack, resume thread.

Looks like stock Fjord stuff to me.... Then again I have been wrong before

really, Ford mounted the coils right over the radius arm mounts like that?

nice lookin rig tho.

Their not as week as they look in the pictures. but i believe they are ballistic mounts. i know they hold up pretty good cause the PO of this axle was not nice to it.

I added some tube to the frontend today.
IMAG0987.jpg

Thanks again JMAX it will be at fall fling if anybody whants to take a look at it and has any questions ill talk you threw them there

Back