• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Complete 98 XJ Partout

How much for the coolant overflow bottle? Anyone know if it is the same as a 97's?

thanks,
Chadd

I need the little overhead pod above the rear view mirror. I know its smaller than the overhead console because of the moonroof, but I'm not sure what it does because is half missing since I got it. And how about the sunvisor hooks too. Thanks.

Hey guys, I was out of town last night on business and wont be going home until next weekend. Been a rough one. Between the 30 plus PM's and the posts on the thread Ive got back to everyone I had time to this morning in the order requests have been received. A few of you have requested info on the same parts so Ill go in order of request. It will take me a good bit of the weekend to tear into this jeep and check some of these parts to guarantee 100% condition. Like I said, everything worked perfect but I want to make sure no plastic snaps cracked, and the the DS fender wasnt affected by the door impact. Also will thoroughly check the condition of interior panels. I might have 2 front driveshafts for 98 auto but have to check. Dont know why he had a second one and that means one might have something wrong with it. Ill be able to tell which one is which though. One looks fairly new and the other not. Thanks again and keep the list going, Im going to print out every post and PM before I go home this weekend so I can get shipping quotes and verify all parts exact condition.

All PM's replied. Thanks fellas. Im moving in three weeks guys, this is more like a fundraiser at this point. If I am unfair on any pricing let me know. I just go by what I see on here and on ebay and usually try to be a lil cheaper than the norm.

Looks like I'm at the end of the line. But, how much for the header panel, grill, drivers headlight bezel, turn signal and running light lens shipped to 49120?

Thanks,
Adam

Fan might be sold to another guy from up your way. If he doesnt take it Ill get with ya.

As for all the front end parts I plan to do a full inspect this weekend. A few have dibs but I havent took money for any yet so we'll see who really wants what. I just want to make sure no tabs are broke or bent and no screws pulled through, things like that. Also want to check the DS fender and make sure no mouting is bent from the DS door collision. I make sure everything is 100% before I sell it and describe it accurately. Im hoping the weather allows me to strip all I can this weekend and have some things ready to ship next week.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited:
bill_j said:
Fan might be sold to another guy from up your way. If he doesnt take it Ill get with ya.

Thanks again guys.

Thanks, DO ley me know and how much $$ and shipping to 48433
Thanks, Tom

Just a bump for the day. Ill be leaving to go home tomorrow around 10a.m. after I get off work. Ill probably sleep Friday and play with the kids. If anyone needs anything pronto just call my cell anytime Saturday day, just make it early enough for me to yank the parts off. Im going to start with sold items and items with solid dibs then just start gutting everything there after. If the weather holds I should get a good bit done. Wish me luck
606-571-2943 Bill J

Im back, weather wasnt the best but I got a little bit done.
The header panel is cracked and no good.
The front bumper is no good.
The grill has a small barely noticable crack, other than that its great.
DS fender is good
PS fender is bad
Hood has two small pin dents less than an inch appart.
Coolant reservoir is good
All running gear and axles are good.
Front DS is missing in action, Uncle says he has it.
Most of the interior is good. (rear plastic under hatch and DS rear interior panel is broke)
Instrument cluster is the complete one with gauges and tach, not the dummy light one.
Radiator is OK, consendor doesnt leak but looks rough.

Ill think of more things I looked over and add later. I disassembled most of the interior and the front end is just a motor sitting on the front frame now.
I returned PMs and got back with most of you from last week. Doing my best with the time I have here. Thanks again and if you got left out and need anything let me know.

Hey, I just wanted to apologize to everyone I havent gotten back to with more information about requested parts. I think I picked a tough time to part out the whole Jeep. I had one day off this weekend and had to pack. Next weekend Im moving to Georgetown where I work but after I get settled Ill be wide open trying to get into this thing. Ill do what I can for those who have already made requests and if those individuals are no longer interested in the parts or have already bought then Ill just list what I have individually on here. Thanks again for being patient fellas

It is a perfect running engine and is going in my 92 model. The 92 will start up and run but has a cracked head. I would sell the block from the 92 if interested. I believe shipping to LA would be more than its worth and I plan on possibly rebuilding it later if I couldnt get at least $50 or something for it above and beyond shipping for just the block.

Well, the good news about the condensor and radiator is they dont leak, but they both look pretty rough. The grill is in ok to good shape. Has a couple of small cracks but they arent noticable really. I wouldnt be able to get them to show up in a picture. Since the radiator and condensor are 100% functional and I could use them myself later and just throwing in the grill I would still want $100 shipped for all of these things

Bill,

Any word yet on those parts whose check you cashed 3 weeks ago? I haven't seen them on my doorstep so I assume you haven't shipped them yet.

Also the cell phone number you gave me is disconnected. Do you have some other one or did you give me that one on purpose....

A not so happy individual,

George T.

Back