• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

colorado springs guys

gm4x4lover

NAXJA Forum User
I went up baldy mountain on this last sunday and i was shocked at what i saw. Who are the idots driving on the wetlands up there. Dont they know that is how trails get closed down. I really cant stand that. To bad i didn't see any of them just there tracks, is their any way to report people like that?

Don't know. In the past it seems that people have stayed off of them, I don't remember seeing tracks in that area when I've been up there.

they were fairly fresh tracks in the snow. I thought i had read somewhere there was a colorado trail program. does anybody know anything about this??

Last edited:
Don't know about the CO trail program, but a CB on 9 will get some attention. Not saying that to be a dick, either. Most government bodies tune in, especially in or around parks and cities. If not, then get as much info as possible and report them to a ranger or whichever governing body patrols the area you are in. What they're doing is against the law and in the situation you are in, there isn't a non-emergency way to report it. 9 is usually reserved for emergencies, but the couple times I have used it, the "man" was very understanding and went to work. Maybe Yellaheep has some legal words of advice for us...

-Rich

IIRC those areas were clearly posted a couple of years ago when I was there.
As someone mentioned, a plate or a good descriptor and a word in the ear of the local Ranger will help. How was the signage? Clear? If not, you should report that also.

A secondary point, though I am certainly NOT defending the actions of those folks is that if the area is frozen, there is little in the way of actual harm done to the environment.

Zuki-Ron said:
A secondary point, though I am certainly NOT defending the actions of those folks is that if the area is frozen, there is little in the way of actual harm done to the environment.

:huh:

A pointless point, that's great.

RockTracXJ said:
:huh:

A pointless point, that's great.

Would that make it a blunt object?

Although, all of Zuki-Ron's points are rounded. More like bumps. You know bumps, that is what braille is written with......... :D

Last edited:
Well, its got its ups and downs right now. It drives fine now (just got the TB bracket welded up some), but I still can't find whats kinda of making it sputter/hiccup at idle. Been driving around with no interior what so ever except dash, and drivers seat since its taking me the last few months to get this damn thing trail lined inside (just need to get ahold of a compressor now). Need to tinker with some small things like my 9" 's pinon is sitting a little high, so in some time i'll need to get new perches welded on. Then figure out what out my front shaft is giving me vibes, whether its bent slighty, Ujoints, or pinion angle (since my castor is correct.) Sounds like alot but its just little bugs that give me stuff to do. Honestly if I don't have stuff to tinker with on the jeep, I don't know what to do with myslef :D

gm4x4lover said:
I went up baldy mountain on this last sunday and i was shocked at what i saw. Who are the idots driving on the wetlands up there. Dont they know that is how trails get closed down. I really cant stand that. To bad i didn't see any of them just there tracks, is their any way to report people like that?

In Sept '04, I was up there puttin' around up there & saw 4 vehicles STUCK (all four were stuck in the marsh), a Dakota, YJ, Tahoe, F/S Chev, all stock vehicles. They wanted me to go in try & pull 'em out. I said I couldn't because it's clearly marked by signs to "Stay on designated roads". I told them I could get them some help from a forest ranger though & they told me they just wanted to do some muddin' & to fawk off if I wasn't gonna try & yank 'em out. The tracks they all made for about a hundred yards before they were stuck were terrible, they really tore it up.

So, I left with the intention of contacting the authorities & once I got down to road 370C & Gold camp rd, there was a forest ranger. I gave him the location & license #'s of the vehicles (my daughter wrote them down), & he got on his radio & had two other rangers meet him at the scene. I don't know what the outcome was but he thanked me for reporting them.

I'm not usually a tattletail but what they did really pissed me off because actions like theirs is what will continue to have our already existing trails closed for good.

Warrlord said:
In Sept '04, I was up there puttin' around up there & saw 4 vehicles STUCK (all four were stuck in the marsh), a Dakota, YJ, Tahoe, F/S Chev, all stock vehicles. They wanted me to go in try & pull 'em out. I said I couldn't because it's clearly marked by signs to "Stay on designated roads". I told them I could get them some help from a forest ranger though & they told me they just wanted to do some muddin' & to fawk off if I wasn't gonna try & yank 'em out. The tracks they all made for about a hundred yards before they were stuck were terrible, they really tore it up.

So, I left with the intention of contacting the authorities & once I got down to road 370C & Gold camp rd, there was a forest ranger. I gave him the location & license #'s of the vehicles (my daughter wrote them down), & he got on his radio & had two other rangers meet him at the scene. I don't know what the outcome was but he thanked me for reporting them.

I'm not usually a tattletail but what they did really pissed me off because actions like theirs is what will continue to have our already existing trails closed for good.

You did the right thing-- Kudos to you :thumbup: .Its those kind of asshats that ruin it for the rest of us.

Back