• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coilover bracket on the rear of the axle?

Vanimal

NAXJA Forum User
i'm installing coilovers in the rear of my jeep, and going with a 3 link setup.
for the setup i'm doing, it would be best to have the coilover mount behind the axle tube (towards the rear of the vehicle). otherwise, the shocks will be angled back a little, and i'd also like to have the shock heim lower on the axle. i'd rather not get into why i'd like to do this, but i was curious if anyone has mounted their lower coilover heim in this fashion. also, i'm worried that there isnt enough angular movement in the heims, so i'll need to have the bolts perpendicular to the axle. that makes it somewhat more difficult to mount them back there in a double shear fashion. anyone have any ideas or pics of some examples?

I've used these once in a past rear axle build. behind axle, lower on the tube, perpendicular to boot.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/SBSIDEMT.html
sidebrkt.jpg

those look like what i need, thanks!
i know it says for coilover use, but what is your opinion? strong enough?

I ran those brackets without any issues but added some gussets to be on the safe side. Ruffstuff also has a beefier version of that bracket available now as well.

Shocks010.jpg

-Jon

ordered a set, we'll see how they work out! i'll probably gusset them in like yours.

Back