• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clean, maintained, running 2000 Yamaha YZ125 - New parts -

DigJeepsBrah

NAXJA Forum User
It's a '00 YZ125. (six speed) The top end is solid, it kicks over easy, new levers, new pro taper bars, new cycra probend bark busters, SDG gripper seat, I have brand new still in the bags factory yamaha plastics for it(full set minus fork guards), brand new renthal chain and sprockets (up 2 teeth in the back from 48 to 50 for a little more trail-ability) new grips, new throttle assembly, newer MX51's front and rear, front fork seals were done last season and it got ridden maybe 6 hours last season total, rear shock isn't leaking, acting fine, no idea when the last service was. I've only had the bike 2 years/seasons. I bought it from Grand Prix Motorsports when I worked there, everything was gone through before purchase. It will need front brake pads before next season I would imagine. It's jetted for altitude, it's got a spark arrested FMF turbine core 2 muffler.

I'm only getting rid of it so I can get a bike that's more closely matched to my lady's bike. I've got a 450 and this, and neither one are fun to ride with her. I'd keep this thing forever otherwise. It's dead easy to work on, fast, reliable..

The only things wrong; Cosmetic - Seat cover isn't ripped but it's not really a great looking seat.. Boot rub on the frame, typical roost rash on the swing arm/rear wheel, dented expansion chamber. Nothing exceeding normal wear for a bike like this, and if anything it's in exceptional shape for its age. Mechanical; I've been keeping fresh transmission oil in it every other ride because the clutch plates are starting to wear. Clutch plates are cheap and still available from bike shops.

Other than some typical cosmetic stuff and a set of clutch plates that are starting to wear this thing is a solid runner. It kicks over easy after it's been sitting for 2 weeks in the shed when it's 20° outside. DEAD RELIABLE.

I would entertain trades for; CRF150R , CR80 , CR85 , YZ80 , YZ85 , KX80 , KX85 , KE100 , an older trials bike , CRF150F , TTR125 , TTR125L , KLX140, (Play bike sized stuff) Like I said, I need a bike that's slower that I can ride when my lady's on her bike. She simply isn't ever going to be able to keep up with this 125 or my 450X... I may also consider a trade for a Utility Quad.

Brief recap of the money spent since I've owned it;

MX51's - $75x2 = $150
Renthal Chain and Sprockets - $160
Fork service & Parts - $200
Unopened factory plastic set - $400 (if you can find them ever again)
Bars, throttle assembly, grips, levers, cycra pro bend bark busters - $250

Initial bike cost - $1100
Parts cost - $1160

I value the bike @ 1200/obo

01515_1aNCbFcx7Iz_600x450.jpg

...More detailed pictures available by request.

Wow wish you were closer.

Yeah, It's a motion pro. I've only ever encountered aluminum ones from high end aftermarket companies like fast 50's and BBR. They're pricey. I don't know that I've ever seen anything but plastic for full size motos.

Back