• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee missing in Fourmile burn area

Ok, is it me, or was that the one of the WORST written articles ever. It's like it was texted in by phone by some flatbiller with fat fingers........ :D

Its unfortunate and tragic that people died, but they made the choice to go against the strong advice of the authorities to go into the fire zone to try to protect their material things......

Kinda hard to envision a wild fire so involved that you couldn't drive out of it the same way you drove in. Even if fire were blocking the road, I'd just stick the throttle down and go before I just lay there to be burned to death. Maybe they drove in one way, found that way to be blocked by fire and tried to drive out off-road and right into more fire that eventually surrounded them........ yikes. Hope I never find myself in that situation.....

It's a completely false report. I found out just in the last hour or so that this news source was posting all sorts of false info such as this. They eventually started getting railed by all the twitter users seeing their posts, and followed up their string of lies by calling people 'Nazis' and 'Commies'.

Sorry everyone if I mislead you in any way. Don't trust anything in that article.

Moderators: Feel free to nuke this thread is you want.

Wild fires are a whole different beast than what a lot of people tend to think. Some move so quickly, these people wouldn't have seen what was coming. I bet these people were trying to get back into their cars so they could get out, but the fire moved in on them so fast they had no time to get in... wouldnt have mattered anyways because the cars would have been destroyed by the fire in a matter of moments..

As a former wildland firefighter I can attest to the speed and unpredictability of a fire of this magnitude and size. Top the normal activity of a big burner with the affect a canyon has on fire activity, and things get real interesting and scary. If indeed people were foolish enough to go into the path of this blaze God help them, they would stand absolutely no chance at all.

x10

O and just an update if anyone was wondering.. The fire is almost up to 7,000 acres and there is 0% containment...

Last edited:
As a former wildland firefighter I can attest to the speed and unpredictability of a fire of this magnitude and size. Top the normal activity of a big burner with the affect a canyon has on fire activity, and things get real interesting and scary. If indeed people were foolish enough to go into the path of this blaze God help them, they would stand absolutely no chance at all.

X2, I have fought many wildland fires! When you have flames rolling over the tops of trees directly at you, not small trees mind you, you have a healthy respect for the power of the flame!! Those people clearly did not understand the force they were going up againt! Sad but they made their choice!

Back