• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cherokee dual exhaust??? thoughts?

ok i need to stop replying on post after i get home from the bar..... my opinon on dual exhaust would be no. im going to shut my dumb drunk ass up now....

hahahahah understood, and after hearing some problems others have ran into, i'd have to agree that duals would be bad, i think i'm going to go with a big single setup.

when you do make sure your rear leaf springs dont rub on the new larger pipe. ive done it before and the noise gets really really anyoying on the highway.

homey_15 said:
its not that i'm going to NEED 3" exhaust to keep up with the air that my 2.8 is going to move its that while i'm doing it, why not go overboard?? i try to stick to the addage that " too much is just enough"

To much is just enough does not apply to exhaust!

To much will leave you with a twitchy monster with no power down low , big mid range and over scavenged cylinders at high RPM.

So, please explain what changed in the exhaust that made the popping go away? Infact explain how the popping had naything to do with the exhaust and was not a product of incorrect fuel metering or timing.

i dont think i'll have scavanging problems running my stock exhause manifolds as they suck. i'm sure if i had a good set of aftermarket headers this would be a problem but i dont think it will in this case. as i said before, i know i'll give up a little bottom end to get more top but i've got plenty on bottom and am willing to make the sacrafice.

I have a 92 Cherokee with dual exhaust on mine.It runs fine and sounds tuff.

Back