• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Dragster...

85Chief

NAXJA Forum User
6c_1_b.JPG

Starting bid: US $20,000.00

95' Jeep Cerokee Black (unfinished project)

Over $85,000 invested

Engine:343 SVO stroker motor, Crower crank, J.E. Custom blower pistons, custom Oliver Billet rods, JW Billet flywheel, Track 1 heads, Endelbrock Victor intake, Comp Roller cam, Art Carr T-400 Trans.,

Boyd Wheels and Mickey Thompson Tires

Everything is brand new. This awesome truck Just needs finished up! It has extensive frame and body work including: Tube Chasis, Complete Roll Cage, Tubbed Rear w/ Shortened 9" Axle

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98062&item=4535796076&rd=1

$85,000 invested and $20,000 selling price *rolls eyes*

Last edited:
The shot of the engine bay makes it look like a mocked up display vehicle. 'Unfinished project' appears to be quite the understatement. I also wonder about the $85,000 invested. Maybe they meant $8500....

that engine looks like a 5.0...

is a 343 a bored & stroked 302?
just curious

im guessing someone must have just had those parts available, and got really bored and tried to throw it all together.

$85,000 invested? no way.(unless they figure their 100s of hours "invested" working on it is factored into there at like $500/hour or something crazy)

Yah - 343 = 302 +.030 and 351 crank, I think (I'd have to check.)

Why you'd want to use a Ford rather than a Chevvy SB383 stroker eludes me, but I don't trust a Ford I didn't build...

I can't picture $85K from that pic, either. I'm not going to look at the ebay snaps - unless they show some major frame work and suspension redesign, that $85K requires too much suspension of disbelief... Also, don't dragsters usually runupwards of three atmospheres and burn nitromethane? Just wondering...

5-90

$85,000 :bs:You really think someone that dropped that much money on it wouldnt be able to afford a garage and not a storage shed?

Yucca-Man said:
Must be $85,000 Canuckian...:D

Doesn't the peso also use the dollar sign to denote itself? :D

sounds like a web-racer who cant turn his own wrench and is farming out the whole thing... 85K is alot considering how incomplete the rig is... i would expect to see a full custom polished chromoly tube chassis under it and lots of bling-bling pics taken by the proud owner...

in addition to a blower to go with those pistons...

that's not even considered a "dragster" in my world.
prostreet ... or proshit is more appropriate.

sidriptide said:
...i would expect to see a full custom polished chromoly tube chassis under it and lots of bling-bling pics taken by the proud owner...

5-90 said:
Yah - 343 = 302 +.030 and 351 crank, I think (I'd have to check.)
5-90

OK a 343 would be a standard bore 302 with a 3.4" stroker crank, a +.030 302 with a 3.4" crank would be a 347.

5-90 said:
Why you'd want to use a Ford rather than a Chevvy SB383 stroker eludes me, but I don't trust a Ford I didn't build...

I'll give you some reasons

1) I keep saying this over and over, a 302 Ford is a tiny block. Making it eminemtly easier to stuff into a tight engine compartment than a SBC.

2) The price discrepency between Ford's and Chevys has nearly disapeared. There are tons of performance parts for the SBF.

3) I have a cousin with a '76 Camaro with a fairly built 383. He didn't build it, it had the motor in it when he bought the car so he is unsure of the exact specs but it is pretty nice. It has aftermaket heads (Dart), roller rockers, etc. It runs high 13's. I have a puny 289 +.030 in a '68 Fairlane FB wheighing 3250 lbs with me in it and I run 12.65 w/o No2.

So as you can see there is not huge advantage running a SBC like there was in the past. If you are looking for a Ford with more cubes you can do a stroked 351W to about 427CID. The block is a larger than the 302 and also has bigger main bearings so the 347 has some advantages of it's own.

5-90 said:
I can't picture $85K from that pic, either. I'm not going to look at the ebay snaps - unless they show some major frame work and suspension redesign, that $85K requires too much suspension of disbelief... Also, don't dragsters usually runupwards of three atmospheres and burn nitromethane? Just wondering...

I agree 100%. Sounds like he is using a new 302 sportsman block. If he is and he is running high end internals he could have around 5~7K in the motor and trans. So if he tried really hard (to spend lots of money) he may have 20K in it. I highly doubt he'll get any bids at all. If he were down around $5K without motor I'd bid on it though. I would love to do a drag XJ (with a Ford motor of course). I wouldn't want his motor though. I could build a SBF that would get that thing in the low 12's for less than $3K.

B-loose

Oh man! I just creamed myself! The price is definitely steep, but damn I want it!

Now, do I sell the '04 GTO for a tubbed XJ............. hmmmmm.

Back