• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap rear bumper

pyrothugg

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know where to get a cheap trail rated rear bumper for a 91 chero. i cant buy right now but im looking to get one in the next couple of months or so...hopefully

there are many options out there for you to look into, and "cheap" is a very relative term. use the time you have while saving up to research what is the best approach for you, for example buying or building. also be sure to search for threads which talk about good designs, to be sure that you buy/build something that will be reliable, strong and safe. have fun searching, you'll spend alot of time doing it, but if you put in the effort to research things for yourself in the beginning you'll ultimately end up with what you want in the end...hope i helped a bit :)

Cheap is not good in a bumper, wife, or mother. :shocked:

You might want to build your own to save money.

Check out the Olympic bumpers. I eyeballed their rear bumper with tire carrier for some time. I think it was about $350. I don't know about the quality, but the price was 1/3 the price of most rear bumpers with tire carriers. It's even cheaper without the tire carrier.

Last edited:
yea that is kind of the route i wanted to go with a tire carrier i would fab my own or have someone fab one for me but i dont know how to weld and none of my friends really do well enough for me to trust them to weld something that will be taking abuse like a bumper or supporting a big tire. the last thing i would want is to be on the trail and break a weld.and not be able to fix it.

Maybe someone with an Olympic bumper can say for sure, but I think that is the problem with it, it isn't a really strong "off road" bumper.

damn maybe i can find someone in the area who can fab me up one for a decent price or atleast get a quote i may look into that or just go on ebay and see if anybodys getting rid of a decent one

Looking on ebay there were several bumpers for reasonable prices, though I'd imagine the shipping would be a pita. Be sure to check there and craigslist.

i know tj fenders fit i had a set on my xj before because the stupid bushwacker just dont flex and the tj's flex pretty good they just looked kinda ugly unless you trimmed them up nice. so i know some of the tj parts do fit xj's as a matter of fact. just not sure if bumpers are really interchangable as well

I've got an Olympic bumper I'm selling off the back of my old XJ. Its got a few dents in it from trail use, but its not too bad. It ties into the rear unibody where a factory hitch would bolt, and it has a hitch built in. I'd like to get $50 for it. My XJ is down in Westminster MD, right next to Appalachian Offroad. Shoot me an email if you're interested:

[email protected]

MIke

Back