• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap Driveshaft

Speaking of Tom Wood's, how much is one of his driveshafts for an XJ with a NP242 and 5" of lift??? If anyone just happens to know off the top of their head. Thanks

Why don't you go to the site and fill out the "Order/Quote" section?

I seem to remember that tom has a little discount for NAXJA members... but that might not be true anymore.

Yucca-Man said:
Ramsey - I bet you've got a driveshaft shop or two in Shreveport, but if you're asking about Tom Woods he's at www.4xshaft.com
you would think that, and it might be true, but as far as this kind of stuff and particularly 4wd stores are concerned its pretty much barren here.

Ramsey said:
you would think that, and it might be true, but as far as this kind of stuff and particularly 4wd stores are concerned its pretty much barren here.
welcome to the wonderful world of GOOGLE!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=shreveport+driveshaft+shop&spell=1

also - not only 4wd shops make d-shafts, most all cars and trucks need d-shafts of one kind or annother... infact i cant think of a 4wd shop that makes driveshafts - that doesnt only specialize in driveline...
there are 6 in my small town of 250,000... serving the rural Nebraska communities...

here is a local d-shaft shop for you:
Clutch & Drive Shaft Inc
(318) 425-7475 220 Fortson St
Shreveport, LA

Last edited:
where in md do you live.in elkton a keller truck parts take a front shaft to the and have the right end and lengh for 160.00 all tom woods is doing is that billing us 300.00

Ramsey, if you make it to Harrison this weekend i've got one i'll sell you for $40. i picked it up at a swap meet since it had the same u-joints as an xj. it is quite a bit longer than an xj shaft but having them cut down is cheap. i can have one done for about $40 here.

MDXJ said:
where in md do you live.in elkton a keller truck parts take a front shaft to the and have the right end and lengh for 160.00 all tom woods is doing is that billing us 300.00

I live in Salisbury, but that's a good price to get that done. I'll look around here I'm sure I can find something. But does that still work with an NP242 and a H&T kit????

Thanks

Back