• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carmax

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Carmax is a rip off. I realize they have to make money but 1/3rd blue book value is idiotic! They offered me 3500 bucks for a 02 Liberty in mint condition. It books for 10k... REDICULAS!

Im done now.

I've usually had really good luck with Carmax usually give me way more than any other place and close to what I would get from a Private Party Sale.

offered me $100.00 for a '95 Hyundai Elantra GS with a new Optima in it....

I felt it was a fair offer since the clutch burned out on the way to look at their selection. I refused and power-shifted it to another dealer where I found a better deal on the car I wanted. I accepted whatever they offered at the other lot knowing that whatever it was, I was just paying it in the final price of the Mustang.

They are a rip-off, but you can sell them a lemon without loosing any sleep over it :-D

Very true. I just can't believe people would accept such a deal. While I was there a guy in a 2000 Suburban walked out with an offer for 800 bucks. It was in excellent shape. All leather, all options.

I learned my lesson buying my Jeep from them many years ago.

I won't be dealing with Carmax anymore either!

To play Devil's Advocate, they just can't take anyone's word that their trade-in is in top condition. They're also there to make money.

I agree. But how much do they expect to make. There was on on the lot in worse shape than mine for 12 grand.

They looked it over from top to bottom and even complimented the shape it was in. They said it had a 1 inch tear in the back seat at the stitches.

Back