• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper Build

Rock Solid Fab

Team Willys
Here guys and gals... I built this bumper for a customer over the weekend. He is a friend of Jarrads (thanks for the referral by the way) and I think he's on here too, but I don't know his user name. Anyway, just thought I would share for all to see, let me know what you think!

Before paint, after everything is somewhat welded, still had to weld the backs of some things, easier to do after taking it off before painting.

0228101045a.jpg

Then a couple coats of primer and paint and after 24 hours of drying time, I finally got to put it back on. Here you go:

0301101450a.jpg

0301101450b.jpg

0301101451a.jpg

how much would a bumper like that run? ball park..
how about one like that but with the winch on top instead of recessed?
How about one like that but non winch but with a 2" receiver instead?

just curious.
Mark

Looks awesome Tyler! Can't wait to do some work on my XJ when some money magically shows up lol

Unfortunately, right now I am not shipping any bumpers. I am wanting to get a non running (free) cherokee to use as a jig to build things off of, but no such deal has arisen yet. Until that happens, I really don't have any way to build bumpers b/c I don't have a jig for them.

I will send out PMs with pricing info.

What size tube did you use?

The large tube is 1 3/4", and the small is 1". For those of you that think top mounted is better, that is no problem at all to do, all it requires is for me to move the winch plate to the top of the frame plates instead of putting it at the bottom like it is here. However, this is what the customer wanted, so that is what he got, and he is extremely happy with it. So happy, in fact, that he is bringing the jeep back on Monday so I can build a rear bumper and do rocker replacements.

You have any shots of the build up of the bumper? Like is it out of plate welded together? Or is it plate bent and welded up? OR is it peices of tube welded up?

You have any shots of the build up of the bumper? Like is it out of plate welded together? Or is it plate bent and welded up? OR is it peices of tube welded up?

Glenn, it is really a combo of everything... The main front is 2x4x1/8 rectangular tubing. And the side pieces under the fenders are 2x2x1/8. The rest, as in the filler plates below the headlights, the winch pate, and the frame plates are 1/4" A572 plate.

I do have a few shots of the bumper build-up, but they are not loaded onto the PC or into Photobucket for that matter, but if you guys want to see them I can do that.

Back