• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Building a sound system for the XJ

When those subs hit, does his car turn off? Seriously though, what alternator is he running?

I've used newegg to build like 8 computers, I'm no stranger to that wonderful place :)

How do the speaker/amp choices I posted up earlier look?

How waterproof is dynamat? I herculined my floors, and I've kind of designed my interior around the ability to wash it with a hose. Obviously I can't do that with the speakers, but I'd still like to be able to have ankle deep water in my floorpans and not have to worry.

96XJ definitely has the hot tip, I'm putting the Eclipse 3200 in for my HDU. It has built in bluetooth (alpines you have to buy it seperately) and 5 volt out puts, and is $30 less than the Alpine 9886 which I was originally going to buy. I'm not putting down the Alpine guys, but the Eclipse is perfect for me.

However, pretty much everything I'm putting in my system has it's own crossover. The HDU, the amp, the speakers, so which crossover should I use? I was planning on having a general crossover before each amp, and then having Xovers for each tweeter/mid pair.

Last edited:
He is running a 240 amp alternator right now. He has 3 batteries as of now but i think he will have 9 total with this new setup. Now the subs are right behind the front seats with a huge port at the top. He is gonna try to crack the windshield and he said if he does that he is retiring it from competition. Not sure why he wants to crack the windshield but i just might happen, 6 solo X's take a lot of juice but this thing has plenty of battery power to handle it. Its just a damn shame that its only been muddy twice. It did good in the flood back in june too. :D

When those subs hit, does his car turn off? Seriously though, what alternator is he running?

I've used newegg to build like 8 computers, I'm no stranger to that wonderful place :)

How do the speaker/amp choices I posted up earlier look?

How waterproof is dynamat? I herculined my floors, and I've kind of designed my interior around the ability to wash it with a hose. Obviously I can't do that with the speakers, but I'd still like to be able to have ankle deep water in my floorpans and not have to worry.

96XJ definitely has the hot tip, I'm putting the Eclipse 3200 in for my HDU. It has built in bluetooth (alpines you have to buy it seperately) and 5 volt out puts, and is $30 less than the Alpine 9886 which I was originally going to buy. I'm not putting down the Alpine guys, but the Eclipse is perfect for me.

However, pretty much everything I'm putting in my system has it's own crossover. The HDU, the amp, the speakers, so which crossover should I use? I was planning on having a general crossover before each amp, and then having Xovers for each tweeter/mid pair.

I hear ya there i have the CD3000 right now but just ordered the CD3100 because i got a badass deal on it. 150 shipped with iPod interface and wiring harness, and dash kit. Its brand new but is one of last years models. I wish it had bluetooth but i will live. Check into alpine components for the speakers they are really nice even without an amp running to them. I am gonna get the type-rs out of my buddies beast i posted earlier in the thread but as of now i have eclipse. 6.5 3-ways and they are great too

i have a 15" alpine type r for sale i used it for about two weeks and it was to loud. 150+ shipping or will trade for xj parts

Back