• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build thread: Out of Misery, again...

Gotta draw blood, otherwise you''re not doing it right.

38ddf2e931b475a58d4e5708f7f5bb12.jpg

Number one reason to do this...

870f91538c95bbac249595ab114f6352.jpg

Temporary line block...

0ae73e050ed9b3e7fe8c423179f9e4a8.jpg

Ta da..

e513053d5865b8146851185e791b5d01.jpg

Having the rotors turned and new calipers delivered today, so I'm done with this side for now. Do the passenger side and button up the diff.

This is too easy.

I'm surprised how easy. The hardest part is convincing the part store to let me just look at the wheel studs.

Ask them to see their Dorman catalog. Then try to leave the store with it stuffed in your pants.

Let me know what part number you end up using.

Re: Re: Build thread: Out of Misery, again...

Ask them to see their Dorman catalog. Then try to leave the store with it stuffed in your pants.

Let me know what part number you end up using.
That's what I did, I taught her how to look up parts without an application.

This is what I came up with, I'll confirm it's correct after I get my rotors back and bolt it all together.

6b6b23e0a50d0b71ceefde88aa132015.jpg

I've used ZJ studs in the past. Last one I did I'm still running the stock XJ studs(no its not smart and it's just sitting till spring till more work can be done on it).

Nice! So you used 03 Liberty bracket and rotors?

2wd renix era brake lines already have the brackets on them.

just flip the sides, passenger on driver and driver on passenger.

Looks like WJ and ZJ rear lines are identical. On my disc swap I just drilled the hole in the bracket a bit more and put it on the centering bolt with a nut on each side. Just another idea for those doing this later on.

Back