• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buggy build

I am very much looking forward to some high speed runs out in the dunes with the sand car.
And Kyung, someone did that to me long time ago (high speed shot up a dune, and only shutting off at the very last moment) and I didn't like it either!

I really have no target weight. Just keep it as light as possible while making sure it can handle life with me. Some other buggy builders who have used a Cherokee as a platform have noted they still have lots of frame flex.
I'd like to resolve as much of that as I can with this build.

And Kyung, someone did that to me long time ago (high speed shot up a dune, and only shutting off at the very last moment) and I didn't like it either!

I loved it Rick but you did scare the shit out of me! :D
Actually every time you nailed the gas it was f'ing crazy!! I have never been in a vehicle that accelerated so violently!!!

In saying that.....I'm still looking forward to the next time we hit the dunes
:D

Hey rick... ANy reason why your not bringing any tube in to any nodes? Theres so many intersections with no vectors to carry loads to the next tube. Just alot of 3 way intersections. X are significantly stronger and transfer load soooo much better then Y or T 's...

But it looks good I guess. Just seems function over form for me takes the priority. Hence my ugly buggy thing..

Hey rick... ANy reason why your not bringing any tube in to any nodes? Theres so many intersections with no vectors to carry loads to the next tube. Just alot of 3 way intersections. X are significantly stronger and transfer load soooo much better then Y or T 's...

But it looks good I guess. Just seems function over form for me takes the priority. Hence my ugly buggy thing..

All that is located so far is the basic cage. None of the cross bracing or tie in work is there yet.
Just remember, X's don't transfer load. It stops it dead in it's tracks!

All that is located so far is the basic cage. None of the cross bracing or tie in work is there yet.
Just remember, X's don't transfer load. It stops it dead in it's tracks!

Cool.
and I disagree. A X tranfsfers the vector load where as a Y or T causes the unsupported tube to absorb the Load at the node, typically causing deformation of the absorbing tube.

You bet Mike!
Ten full days in the sand..........HEAVEN!!

Rick sure loves his sand!
Here's an artist's sketch of Rick just before hauling ass up the dunes!

sr_ed6d2ed17a5ff5.jpg

Back