• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bluetooth rocks

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my moto E815 phone all up and running w/850 bluetooth headset, great setup, can hardly feel the ear piece after wearing it for the past 5 hours, no snagging a cord on racks or servers, been destroying jabra earsets like clockwork when I had that LG POS. Gonna start on the hardwired car kit tomorrow in the XJ and hopefully my new stereo will be coming from crutchfield early this week so I can use the mute function and aux input to be able to use the jeeps speakers. Got to say it's a pretty cool setup though the blue flashing lite in the ear piece did get some double takes while I was getting gas and coffee on the way home from a customers site tonight and one 'wtf is that for' from some guy who had blue windshield washer nozzles on his accura. :laugh3:
Toys toys, nice to get a new useful toy for a change.

RichP said:
Just got my moto E815 phone all up and running w/850 bluetooth headset, great setup, can hardly feel the ear piece after wearing it for the past 5 hours, no snagging a cord on racks or servers, been destroying jabra earsets like clockwork when I had that LG POS. Gonna start on the hardwired car kit tomorrow in the XJ and hopefully my new stereo will be coming from crutchfield early this week so I can use the mute function and aux input to be able to use the jeeps speakers. Got to say it's a pretty cool setup though the blue flashing lite in the ear piece did get some double takes while I was getting gas and coffee on the way home from a customers site tonight and one 'wtf is that for' from some guy who had blue windshield washer nozzles on his accura. :laugh3:
Toys toys, nice to get a new useful toy for a change.

Are you one of those people that constantly wear the headset in the ear whether they're on the phone or not?

Hey, it's a new usefull toy, give it some time to wear off, besides once I get the hardwired kit in I'll only use the bluetooth when I'm out of the jeep.
What was really funny was when I was heading down to the customers site around 9pm, never knew the damn thing flashed like that, all the way down on the dark back roads I was trying to figure out where the 'flash' I was catching out of the corner of my right eye was coming from, thought maybe I was having a stroke or something. When I finally got there I had to call the guy I was meeting to let him know I was out front and to come down and unlock the door, noticed the flashing in the big 10ft plate glass windows and was pretty relived it was not me. :wave:

...Bluetooth? Isn't that something Paris Hilton knows a wee bit about?? :D

^lol...

Yeah RichP it's a pretty cool toy...I'm just waiting for something less flashy to come out, I'd rather not look like the Terminator in the dark...not to mention that flashing light IS distracting at night.

Actually I was considering, for a moment, a set of these instead but commonsense and thin wallet prevailed [plus she who must be obeyed already knew how much they cost :D ] and I hate sleeping on the couch...
http://oakley.motorola.com/flash.html

While the bluetooth headset feature is really nice, you should check out some of the reviews on both the E815 and it's Verizon predecessor the V710 (which I have). Turns out they crippled the bluetooth features and it doesn't work with much but the headset. They also crippled the direct USB cable upload/download feature in an attempt to make you use thier systems (read pay thru the ear) to download ringtones and pics. Only workaround is to use the optional memory card to transfer such things. Also affects how it will work with the current in vehicle systems with bluetooth, from what I've read. There was at least 1 lawsuit filed on the V710 and Verizon lost it big time.

Kejtar said:
Are you one of those people that constantly wear the headset in the ear whether they're on the phone or not?
RichP said:
Hey, it's a new usefull toy, give it some time to wear off, besides once I get the hardwired kit in I'll only use the bluetooth when I'm out of the jeep.
I guess that would be a big "yes".

Back