• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beer Connoisseurs Discuss Good Beer

I drank Strongbow all night with a bunch of Aussies at a pub in Bahrain once....

....worst hangover EVER. My boss said "that's what happens when you drink 9000 pints of anything alcoholic...."

I've yet to try Chimay. I thought it was commercial shit. Always just saw it and never looked into it. I may have to try it now, it seems to be a famous Belgian.

Anyone try Utopias from Sam Adams?

I'd like to try it, but for the $$$ its not gonna happen.

judging by how awful sam adams other beers are, id have to say they are okay at best. i did have a $25 utopia, but i hear it wasnt the same.

there a real beers out there that are superior.

I would try it just to try, but at $25 for 2oz, and drank warm, no thanks...

I like the boston lager though.

The Double Bastard is good, I picked up old guardian last time I went to stone and that is not good at all, haha.

Sam Adams isn't garbage like most other beers (Bud, Coors, Miller, etc)

Their Imperial Stout and Double Bock are both good beers.....

Did anyone bring up Fat Tire or the other New Belgium Brew Co beers? Most of them are excellent....

I would try it just to try, but at $25 for 2oz, and drank warm, no thanks...

I like the boston lager though.

The Double Bastard is good, I picked up old guardian last time I went to stone and that is not good at all, haha.

dude old guardian barley wine is amazing!

Sam Adams isn't garbage like most other beers (Bud, Coors, Miller, etc)

Their Imperial Stout and Double Bock are both good beers.....

Did anyone bring up Fat Tire or the other New Belgium Brew Co beers? Most of them are excellent....

fat tires good.

i like new belgium tripple and abbey.

Ale Smith Gran Cru, so amazing. Almost forgot about that.

Widmerbros.jpg

xmaspuke.gif

Pyramid > that!

fat tires good.

i like new belgium tripple and abbey.

New Belgium is one of my favs. In fact, I could go for summa this right now
xmasyum.gif

1554.gif

Billy

everyone sack rides pyramid and wildmer.

its all about this:
3422916542_bca468df73.jpg

And

ayinger.jpg

I am a fan of IPA's, and the hopper the better. I typically like to drink local beers of the area...currently my two favorite are
surly%20furious.jpg

7762.PNG

Paulaner (sp?) makes a great weissbier. they fly over about 200 kegs every year for Oktoberfest here (we have a German AF detachment stationed here with us).

Ben, Old Guardian is disgusting, lol.

Alright smart beer people, whats the difference between beer, "Barley Wine" and "Wheat beer".

Isn't beer made from barley, hops and wheat?

I offered a friend some of the Old Guardian Barley Wine and he goes its just beer and laughed so I laughed but I had no idea what he was talking about, haha.

Beer is made from a fermented (but first malted) grain - take your pick - barley, wheat, and rye - barley being the most common.

Ben, Old Guardian is disgusting, lol.

Alright smart beer people, whats the difference between beer, "Barley Wine" and "Wheat beer".

Isn't beer made from barley, hops and wheat?

I offered a friend some of the Old Guardian Barley Wine and he goes its just beer and laughed so I laughed but I had no idea what he was talking about, haha.

Barley Wine: Extra strong ale usually more than 6% by volume, closer to 11%, copper color, tawny or dark brown. An exceptionally strong style of old English ale, typically dark, rich, fruity and malty.

Wheat Beer: A beer brewed with wheat malt. Pale in color, medium-bodied in texture, slightly tart in flavor and normally has less alcohol by volume.

I prefer a Dunkles Hefe Weizen. Tucher is probably my favorite, but not so easy to get in the states. Other than that, any Bavarian brewery that offers a weizen works. In the states, Pyramid, or Blue Moon passes ok.

One of the good things of visiting the Verwandtschaft in der Heimatland.

Back