• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Be pissed at Rustys or UPS for my AAL order? Need Help

Ghetto2315

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered a AAL for my XJ from Rustys on Thursday, March 30th. I recieved an email from Rustys stating that it was out of stock, but they would shipping monday or tuesday and just wanted to let me know they may be a day or two behind. I figured crap like this happens so I said fine. The next morning (Friday March 31st) I find an email from "QuantumView" for UPS Ship Notification, Tracking Number 1Z6E340W0355568892. Reading the email, it says that Scheduled Delivery: 04/05/06 would be guaranteed.

Now, today is the 7th of April and there was still no package and no update of the Tracking Number Information. Finally hit the refresh button, and it now states that Rescheduled Delivery: 04/11/2006.

My question... who should I go b*tch at, UPS or Rustys? I have heard crappy things about Rustys Service and Shipping methods.

Is it possible for Rustys to fabricate a Tracking Number to send to me thinking that it was already at UPS for shipment? The reason why I ask is because I know that Ebay sellers that use Paypal can create shipment labels and tracking information and all that stuff.

I feel that Rustys tried to throw a quick one by me and I'm not happy

i think i'd be pissed at UPS. i dont think that they can create UPS tracking #s. only UPS can do that. however i'm not sure.

i believe a tracking number only shows up once the package is scanned into there system. do you really need us to tell you who to be mad at? just get over it, and be glad its gonna be there on the 11th.

Don't know if this relates to your shipment, but there have been delays due to bad weather this past week. I've had two delayed shipments this week (not from Rusty's though).

Ghetto2315 said:
I have heard crappy things about Rustys Service and Shipping methods.

Sorry to hear about that, seems like it is a big problem lately with most carriers. Just about everything I have ordered in the past few months has come in days late. Probably not Rusty's fault though. Just curious, you say his "service" is bad? I think most would disagree with that. In all my dealings with him their service was on par!

Ramsey said:
i believe a tracking number only shows up once the package is scanned into there system. do you really need us to tell you who to be mad at? just get over it, and be glad its gonna be there on the 11th.

This is incorrect, you can print a shipping label with a corresponding tracking number before they ship anything at all. If you look up the tracking number it will just say that UPS was electronically notified to expect a package for shipment on said date. And it can read like that for a very LONG time.

Jeepdogrob said:
I think most would disagree with that.

Actually, most here would disagree with you. Rustys customer service is pretty much nonexistant.

91 Jeep Project said:
Actually, most here would disagree with you. Rustys customer service is pretty much nonexistant.

Did you take that from the title of the next thread down "Rusty's Offroad. Customer Service, non-existant"? Open it up, there seem to be some here that like Rusty's. Hhmmmmmmmm.....

Until I have a problem with them, they are alright in my book. The same goes for any other business I purchase from. Too much hearsay goes on around here.

Yes..It is correct that they print shipping labels with tracking numbers when you place the order...

and Before you decide to Whine about it here it would be nice for you to Call and find out from RUsty's what is going on...

Definately UPS a few weeks ago they delayed a shipment I needed for work due to "inclement weather" It was out for delivery before it was delayed and was being delivered from the next town over, which I had just driven through. It was slightly cloudy, thats about it. Ended up arriving late in the afternoon. The thing that made it worse is that there is no way to get ahold of a person at UPS, all the numbers I tried got me the same automated answering service which was no help whatsoever.

Once the shipping company has recieved the item, it is that company's responsibility, not who shipped the item.

Jeepdogrob said:
Did you take that from the title of the next thread down "Rusty's Offroad. Customer Service, non-existant"?

Sure didn't, I can word it differently if you like. Rusty's lack of general customer service is horribly apparent. Better? How does that sit with you? The few who have received good cs from Rustys are definitely weighed against the many who haven't................:thumbup:

If you look at your "tracking" youll see it didnt leaves Rusty's till 4/6.

I beliieve the big issue with Rusty's shipping is two things.

His shop out of AL and it maybe a rural area there. UPS and other carriers may not pick up as often as a major metro would.

Second, I have found his shipping rates are at times double that of other venders. Maybe it has to do with his location or like some vemders they like to make a little profit off the shipping. This of course makes it frustating for the customer when they are shopping for the best deal.

I have had questionable expierence's with them. I live on the west coast and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I have had many promised tracking numbers and most of them were rarely given to me as well as accurate shipping quotes. I have also spoken with Rusty myself, at least somone saying that their name is Rusty, and he had given me empty promises.

It sounds like his Cutomer service is improving, but I have usually found that the ones claiming this are on the east coast. Which of course relates to UPS and shipping out of AL.

Look at the info here, you package didn't move until 4/6 they made a ship label the 31st .. It was mentioned above you can make a label and it will show B.I.R and still be laying in the floor ...

How much did you pay for freight ? I ordered there one time and they charged me 51 bucks and it actually cost 23.15 for freight.. (I have a UPS WorldShip Account)

04/06/2006 8:28 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/06/2006 7:55 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
03/31/2006 6:33 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

For those who have negative experiences with rustys, is it because you live out west and of course everything takes longer? I would agree with his shipping rates, more than likely he's just a good ole boy and doesn't have a mass shipping thing worked out yet, but that's just a guess. I have had good experience with them. I ordered a steering setup from them and when I got it the joints were seized up. They sent me a shipping label to get it back to them and re sent me a good setup... no complaints from me, of course I am in the East.

One more person saying Rusty has always given me GREAT customer service. I've been happy with his lift and other products, and his shipping has always arrived on time. I like that when I call, I get Rusty himself. Makes it easier to communicate.

Chris

Kudzu said:
Yes..It is correct that they print shipping labels with tracking numbers when you place the order...

and Before you decide to Whine about it here it would be nice for you to Call and find out from RUsty's what is going on...

That is why I'm mad because they have not responded back to my 2 emails, nor called me back after they told me they were "out" for lunch

LS1Jeep said:
Look at the info here, you package didn't move until 4/6 they made a ship label the 31st .. It was mentioned above you can make a label and it will show B.I.R and still be laying in the floor ...

How much did you pay for freight ? I ordered there one time and they charged me 51 bucks and it actually cost 23.15 for freight.. (I have a UPS WorldShip Account)

04/06/2006 8:28 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/06/2006 7:55 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
03/31/2006 6:33 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I paid, I believe $15 for freight

He sent you an email saying the product would ship early the following week... and the next day you get and automated email with a tracking number and shipping dates, he wasn't trying to "trick" you, the label was just premade.

you can't complain to UPS because they didn't get the shipment until 4/6, if you don't recieve it in about 5-7 business days, then you should call UPS and complain.

From what you said Rusty's told you it would ship on 4/4 and it went out on 4/6, that's about par for them. I think it's pretty well known that Rusty's doesn't ship when they say they will, buyer beware. The handful of things I have ordered from Rusty's has always shipped days, up to a week later, than promised.

when I ship something I automatically mark it up 20-40%

you have to take into consideration the cost of packaging materials, the time to pack and label it and getting the stuff to FedEx or UPS. I don't have FedEx pickup from me because I need to call a day in advance for ground shipments and I never know what I'm shipping until that morning. Even if they did pick up from me it's a $10/week service charge. If/when the package doesn't arrive my customer will call me, not the carrier, and I will be the one spending large amounts of time on the phone with the carrier finding out details, and time is money. You can always go somewhere else if you don't think a shipping cost is fair.

PhunkXJ said:
He sent you an email saying the product would ship early the following week... and the next day you get and automated email with a tracking number and shipping dates, he wasn't trying to "trick" you, the label was just premade.

you can't complain to UPS because they didn't get the shipment until 4/6, if you don't recieve it in about 5-7 business days, then you should call UPS and complain.

From what you said Rusty's told you it would ship on 4/4 and it went out on 4/6, that's about par for them. I think it's pretty well known that Rusty's doesn't ship when they say they will, buyer beware. The handful of things I have ordered from Rusty's has always shipped days, up to a week later, than promised.

when I ship something I automatically mark it up 20-40%

you have to take into consideration the cost of packaging materials, the time to pack and label it and getting the stuff to FedEx or UPS. I don't have FedEx pickup from me because I need to call a day in advance for ground shipments and I never know what I'm shipping until that morning. Even if they did pick up from me it's a $10/week service charge. If/when the package doesn't arrive my customer will call me, not the carrier, and I will be the one spending large amounts of time on the phone with the carrier finding out details, and time is money. You can always go somewhere else if you don't think a shipping cost is fair.

Its been a week and a day since I ordered. I guess I should have never assumed that the email stated "Gauranteed Delivery by the end of the day by 04/05/06" would be correct

I just dont understand why they would put a Gauranteed Delivery Date even if it hasnt been shipped yet...

I just called UPS and they told me that Rustys made the shipping label and tracking number on the 31st and emailed it to me. They didnt actually give the package to UPS to ship until yesterday the 6th... They didnt ship until a week after I ordered

But point taken... pretty much nothing I can do.

Back