• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad Weather = Bad News

those are pretty cool... but there's no way i could get another vehicle right now... :(

Man that blows.I had a 40ft. pine come down last winter and bounce off my storage shed and land on my old riding mower,not fun.

I know I'm new around here, but from the pics it looks like a fairly easy fix. I'm a fabricator by trade,and willing to offer my skills to straighten out the hood for ya.

I know Willy's parts are hard to come by and I can get it straight so you will have to put very little IF ANY filler in it.

Shoot me a pm if you want to talk about it...Bruce

Looks like i'll be fixing it out of pocket!

...dad called the home owner's insurance, and they said call your auto insurance... which uhh, won't cover the willys because it doesn't even have a title or registration and isn't on the auto insurance policy...

fun fun... a new hood and grill shipped is $760!!!

the grill could probably be fixed fairly easy... but the hood will take some work; Bruce, i might be PM'ing you tonight after work...

I'm not familiar with Tennessee's insurance laws, but you might want to have your dad press their homeowner's a little more. In Georgia it would be act of god and while auto insurance wouldn't cover it our homeowner's policy would.

I'm not sure if that's standard policy for homeowners insurance here or not, but I know last year when the giant tree fell on the '94 Yota 4WD I had just bought (less than 70K miles, 1 elderly owner, extended cab with the V6/5speed bought for less than I've given for XJs) we had to go above our local agent to get them to pay for it. And after a little pushing they paid us for the tree, too.

Their original argument was " it's an auto, use that insurance". Then "it's not titled or tagged". And lastly "It shouldn't have been parked near trees".

We have State Farm for homeowner's coverage, as does our neighbor. Last night he lost a Superduty, a Rhino, a Volvo SUV and a garage to a large oak tree. His agent was out this morning and his homeowner's is covering it all.

Last edited:
We have State Farm for homeowner's coverage, as does our neighbor. Last night he lost a Superduty, a Rhino, a Volvo SUV and a garage to a large oak tree. His agent was out this morning and his homeowner's is covering it all.

...so do my parents :dunno:

i'll get my dad to press a little bit harder about it...

dad talked to the local agent today (not the 800 number person) and they are gonna come out wednesday to check out the trees and jeep...

Good luck with it.

Nice Willys, was it an involved process to build it up? :eyes:

aw you wouldnt believe... actually you prolly would. i wrote a picture book on the build up with all his updates and text and stuff...literally

Oh, I believe it alright. Maybe you should actually publish a book out of it. Let everyone else read it.

:shhh:

well guys...

the jeep won't be covered by the insurance :(

...but on the positive side, Insurance will be covering the back fence, tree removal/clean up, an ENTIRE NEW roof (due to hail and wind damage), and here's the kicker... my brother's Ballista (high school history project from last year!) :mad:

Ballista can be seen in the center of the picture, under the tree (painted black). Insurance lady asked what it was, mom said "my son's history project"... how much is it worth?... i dunno, maybe $50... insurance lady writes down $50...

l_3a54ea616b8448fa8b006be2bebb89ee.jpg

used to look something like this...

Complete_Back.jpg

so uhh... i'm still disappointed about the whole situation... but as my mom says, my jeep still runs and drives :)

Ballista is very cool and should live again! Worth more then $50 IMO.

When my xxx size oak fell on my '92 Cherokee and my '88 Dakota I got to deal with my agent who informed me that since I didn't have comprehensive coverage my trucks weren't covered. I reminded him that he advised me that though I wanted full coverage, "I didn't need it". He worked very hard for me and I ended up 'ok' with the result.

Hope all is well for you.

Back