• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ATTN Cleveland people. area Fabtech info needed.

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
I am wondering where to stay on the west side of downtown....looking for a nice place that is in decent proximity to I-X center.

airport area and middleburg is completely booked.

what is westlake/olmsted area like?

is it funky or okay?

any of you bitches going to fabtech?

Beezil said:
... is it funky or okay?
It's cold.

Beezil said:
... any of you bitches going to fabtech?
Not me.

Didn't this used to always be in Chicago?

Don't have Finn's. Would'nt be caught dead with a Wiedecrap, For Amada, I go to Buena Park. Motoman's here too. The used market is where the deals are right now, at least on the left coast.

Have they had anything non-chip producing worth seeing in the last 5 years?

Fabtech West Coast is a joke.

Last time I was there, it was 10 degrees, then I left directly for Tortola, BVI. I was sick for 10 days...

Lesson: Stay away from cold places with nothing to see.

--ron

fabtech switches between chicago and somewhere else in alternate years.

manufacturing is picking up. I just went to Springworld (wire forming) here in chicago and the show was buzzing.

Anything West of W. 150th would be fine. North Olmstead hotels are about 15 minutes away, with the traffic getting into the IX center, during non-rush hour. East of there yop need to know the specifc areas a little better. Like most big cities it has it's good and bad spots.

I will add that I am a member for about 4 yrs now. Haven't met anyone due to various constraints. I keep forgetting to look up my other logon when I'm home and have time so I signed in as a non-member at work. Can't spend a lot of time on here during the day but check the new messages when I can. My home e-mail should be listed under XJMAC. I'll chk it tonight if you wish to contact me there.

Back