• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are Your Floor Pans Rotting?

Are your floor pans rotting?

• Total voters
whered you get the pans rick? i want some cuz i needa re-re do my front drivers side. dont forget to mention that a license plate was a temp fix on tommys jeep haha

I can't tell you Jon! ;-) I'll be making a post about 'em very soon. I'm e-mailing you some info.

hey, my jeep still has a team quadratec sticker on it, i should be in the know about the goings on there

Haha I e-mailed you :p

Good news guys. Stick around this week and I'll be posting something related to Cherokee Floor pans that I know we've all been waiting for for some time! :-D

Rust free '89. Been in/around Denver it's entire life. 24% humidity right now.
Somehow all the 4runners and tacos still manage to rot away.

No rust! I love the desert!

Well, I said just front, the floorpans under the rear seats are fine, there's a bit at the far back at the tailgate on one side, but then again the previous owner also let that rear quarter panel rot out at the bottom which might have something to do with it. The front pans werent rotting out... they were just stright up not there for a while. Damn NE :D

People blame the salt, and it can be partly to blame for rot but in reality life outside 24/7 is tough on any vehicle. Parking a vehicle in a garage will keep a car in any area in much better shape. That's why when I was house hunting for my current house, it's 4 car heated garage caught my eye! :)

People blame the salt, and it can be partly to blame for rot but in reality life outside 24/7 is tough on any vehicle. Parking a vehicle in a garage will keep a car in any area in much better shape. That's why when I was house hunting for my current house, it's 4 car heated garage caught my eye! :)

Actually that can depend on the garage and the climate. When I was growing up (in New england) we had an unheated garage, and pulled the cars into that, and they all rusted fast and badly. It was always cool and dank and damp in the garage, and though snow would melt off, the cars would never be dry.

A heated garage would be nice, but second to that I'd go for a fairly open carport.

Here's the old 94

052.jpg

053.jpg

ALL the floors were rot as well.

Then I picked up the 96 about two yrs ago

049.jpg

This was the most rust I could find ANYWHERE! It's been in Pittsburgh it's whole life.

048.jpg

I just took a wire wheel to it and painted it with POR. There wasn't any rot through. Everything under the body was replaced, including the axles. I broke ONE bolt lol.

I've heard that the 96 and up models used a different steel. More galvanized or something. Either way I making sure this one lasts. Rust was the main reason I had to get rid of the 94. There wasn't anything to weld to.

Ouch!! lol

Back