• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are there different TrueTrac Models for a D30?

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at buying a truetrac (used) but from the photos I see from online vendors; the carrier is assembled using 6 bolts to hold the helical gears in the carrier. The picture I have of the unit display only 3 bolts assembling the carrier internals

Did Eaton update/upgrade the carrier design at one point? Should I stay away from this three bolt design?

Might be a difference in "time"(older vs newer),also remember about the carrier break.

I asked about the age and mileage of the unit and the seller said it has 20,000kms on it.... but that doesn't mean it's not 5-6 years old or more if it's from a trail rig

I'll see what I can dig up

Well I answered my own Q:

11111.jpg

^ That picture is of an LJ Low Pinion D30 and you can see 4 of the 6 bolts holding the carrier together

000_0511.JPG

^ That picture is referenced from pirate in 2004 so it looks like the one I was looking at is of a weaker older design

Back