• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone see the Acetone gas saver?

OverTheHillsATTW

NAXJA Forum User
I just saw a video where some guy lightened his car, changed plugs, wires and air filter and added small amounts of PURE acetone to his gas tank and went from 17 mpg to 38? Is this for real?

Did it say how much weight was removed, how old the plugs and wires were, what the plug gap was supposed to be and what it actually was, how much acetone per gallon and what type of car.
If he was luging around 300 pounds of garbage with a plug gap of .100 as opposed to .035 like it should be on some 4 bangers. He should have done one repair at a time to see which one actually helped the most.

~Alex

i've actually tried the acetone in a 2005 Rubicon, it simply did not show any results, and I tried to be as impartial and scientific as possible, same route, road conditions, speed, driving style, and distance. No changes caused by acetone

i tried acetone in my 89 comanche 4.0L and the mileage did NOT change.

i was running 3-4oz per tank IIRC (its been a while that figure could be wayyy off)

i did one tank no acetone, one tank acetone, and alternated like that for about 10 tanks. no change

I think it helps a little bit but only on a few tanks. It was in a JP magazine one time.

Back