• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know where I can get 4" front bumpstops for an xj?

I've been running $3 harbor freight rubber mallets with the handles cut off for years and they've been just fine. Lol

I weep for the future of humanity.

In about 1.26 seconds, Google showed me a JKS product, and some hockey pucks. Any suitable round material that you can drill a bolt hole through will work.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Yeah, those still kinda look like hockey pucks.
There's gotta be a better solution.
I don't know if those will hold up the way I drive.
That's a better solution than a softball though.

You kinda lost me there.
Could you possibly post some pictures of what you came up with for your xj?
It's actually a good topic.
IMO of course.

Somehow i dont... stock (long) bumpstops with a raised lower pad.

Im starting to think this thread is borderline troll.
Hockey pucks are a fine solution, if you dissagree, explain why.

Well I don't think it has anything to do with the position of the "pad", how much lift a person has or the likes.
Everyone has google, images are available.
Some people(myself included) may want to see what others have created that possibly have not posted it, so they can rub their brain cells together.

Pad height is proportonal to lift height, but not exact.. the more lift, the more puck you will need.

If you cared about getting every last bit of wheel travel your shocks allow, you would pull the coils so you can jack each front wheel up as high as you want it. (Like at the fender, oil pan, or other obstructions). You need your bumpstops to be touching at this point... measure and fab.

Heres a pic of rubicon express bump pads, they come with re3.5" lifts
YfYE1yn.jpg

Two semi obvious critical points:
-Bumpstops compress, and eventually rot away, dont set it up too close. Measure accordingly.
-Even bump (think speedbumps at a straight angle), is roughly 1/2" less extreme than flex bump (think one wheel hanging, one wheel fully bumped).

BTW, in about 1.26 seconds I came to the conclusion that some people drill a hole in any suitable material I.E. hockey pucks put a 5/16 bolt through it and call it a bump stop.
I disagree w/ that because, its a hockey puck.

Well ok I see your attaching the hockey puck to the axle, right?
That's a Oem style bump stop on the frame or unibody?
Cool, thanks for posting that to see.

Here you go.http://bfy.tw/4oRc

Prothane is what you want if hockey pucks, softballs, or anything else isn't good enough for you.

Here you go.http://bfy.tw/4oRc

Prothane is what you want if hockey pucks, softballs, or anything else isn't good enough for you.

Bwah, that's pretty funny.
You must have missed the everybody has google post.
I've seen that post.

Hey what do you guys put on the rear axle, volley balls and hockey pucks?,
there's more room, so I'm thinking a softball won't be big enough.
I was also thinking of using a hole saw to cut a bunch of pieces out of a car tire sidewall then stacking them up. I think I'll use a 3/8 bolt though to fasten them to the truck.

They would be made out of actual car parts too.

Yeah hockey pucks are bunk but tire sidewalls are legit.

I've lost track of what's going on here.
I found my bumpstops btw. :)

Sorry if I may have hijacked your post, but the initial condescending reply to such a simple question in your original post is annoying. Its common, and unfortunate.
Best luck!

no big deal. Naxja is actually one of the more friendlier forums around. Guess my skin is a little thicker :)

Bwah, that's pretty funny.
You must have missed the everybody has google post.
I've seen that post.

Hey what do you guys put on the rear axle, volley balls and hockey pucks?,
there's more room, so I'm thinking a softball won't be big enough.
I was also thinking of using a hole saw to cut a bunch of pieces out of a car tire sidewall then stacking them up. I think I'll use a 3/8 bolt though to fasten them to the truck.

They would be made out of actual car parts too.

nominated

Back