• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another xj on full widths.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the replies. Just let me know of anything else.

where do you get those frame stiffeners? My framerails are pretty dented from falling on jacks and sliding on rocks. Plus the old girl's unibody isn't as strong as it used to be, everything squeaks on the inside when I flex.

You got tired of breaking stock axle shafts...so you put a full-width axle in that uses essentially the same shafts and u-joints, to run even bigger tires?

Ouch, man. Good luck with that. Unless you plan on dropping a lot of coin on really nice shafts and u-joints I don't think you're gonna be happy there....looks like a solid build so far though.

Yea, i was thinking the same thing. I originally planned on staying with the 33's with the full widths, then bump up to 35's or 36's. But something about big tires gets me all giddy inside. So i just said the hell with it and wanted something bigger.

Nice progress so far. I'm kinda getting Deja Vu, though: I've got a '94 2-dr running a HP D44 front and Ford 8.8 rear, although I narrowed the front axle a little.

Here's mine:

Evans022507013.jpg

FYI, I run Alloy shafts and Superior joints all around.

-----Matt-----

Yea, i'm planning on running stronger shafts and u-joints soon. I love the 2 door xjs, to bad it barely snows here.

Spring looks a little bowed on the first pic. gonna see if i cant fix that.

What are you doing for steering? Is that a mock-up trackbar? With a trackbar (angle that steep) combined with the dual triangulated four link, you are definitively going to experience bump-steer.

Also, are those standard rubber bushings at all link ends?

looks great so far. but some criticism.

1) id make a new trac bar mount. or buy one if they make them -im sure they do [whoever they are]. i dont really like that angle. but thats just me.

2)maybe get a drop-pitman arm... lower that angle down a bit as well.

3) go OTK, and beef up the steering components, you're going to be putting a lot more stress on them now [and youll probably step up to bigger rubbers] and i dont know about some of that stock stuff...

other than that, looks awesome, keep us posted!

edit: never mind, i just took a second look and you've already stepped it up to bigger tires.

Yea, i plan on up the steering.

the only rubber bushings is on the upper control arms, the end thats connected to the lower.

NXJ said:
What are you doing for steering? Is that a mock-up trackbar? With a trackbar (angle that steep) combined with the dual triangulated four link, you are definitively going to experience bump-steer.

Also, are those standard rubber bushings at all link ends?

That is not a dual-triangulated 4-link. It's not even a 4-link at all.

looks good what year did you get the axles out of, ive got access to a 77 3/4ton hp44, will that work? it was leaf sprung. thanks

Been sitting for awhile, got all 4 rubbers on today and moved it out of the "paint booth" and into the other side. still a long ways from being done

100_0025.jpg

100_0026.jpg

100_0027.jpg

100_0030.jpg

Whats the deal with the shackles hangin off the bumper like that? Is that how they are going to stay??

Back