• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another tire size ?

xj8_8

NAXJA Member #1317
I now you are probably tired of these, just one more.Can I put 32x11.5x15 or 33x12.5x15 on 3in. backspace 8in. wheels on my wifes '01 it has 3in. springs. I will add 1.5 spacers and shackles. I dont want to do a lot of cutting (because of rust).

there will always be, just one more.

I dont think so, i have 5" of lift with 32's and had to do some cutting with 4" bs wheels not to rub anything w/o flexing just turning full lock. I would just go with some nice 31's. Unless you get a diff. b/s rim im not sure how it could be done w/o a decent amount of chopping.

xj8_8 said:
I now you are probably tired of these, just one more.Can I put 32x11.5x15 or 33x12.5x15 on 3in. backspace 8in. wheels on my wifes '01 it has 3in. springs. I will add 1.5 spacers and shackles. I dont want to do a lot of cutting (because of rust).
The answer is "maybe" depending on how far your willing to trim your fenders and limit your suspension with bumpstops!I run 6" w/ 33x10.5's and still rub(front trimming only,so far)!
crown%20king%2010-23-04%20019.jpg

I am running 31x10.50s now with the 3in.f&r with very very little trimming on back of front fenders only rubbed at full lock. This one will not be offroad much now. Built one on 36s to play with. I just wanted a little taller tire. We just got the wheels dont want to buy again. A little trimming might be ok.

~jeepin~ said:
Ok one more Question. Is there a chip for the 4.0 for more power?
Oh I apologize I thought I had started this thread to get information on MY question.........

xj4moab said:
It's ok he is lost any how 32's sound like a better bet with 4.5" of lift if you dont want to cut

I should have got 4in backspace wheels I wasnt thinking when I got them. I tore off 2 flares in Moab in July with the 31s. We will take my other xj next year. 32s will have to do I guess.

xj8_8 said:
Oh I apologize I thought I had started this thread to get information on MY question.........

n00B off!!!!

Back