• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Socal short run to Corral Canyon/Sidewinder...

Jeepsterboy101 said:
Don't think I'll be able to make it this time. Both axle tube seal's are blown on the driver side so yea. We'll see. I really want to run SideWinder backwards if we do go. I'll keep ya guys posted.

Scott- what the hell did you do? Ryan shoud have some seals if you need them. Would you have a chance to roll down there this week? They are pretty easy to install.

Between 8 and 9 out at 4 Corners sounds good. Adam- just make sure you bring that book, otherwise we are winging the Los Pinos trail (outer loop).

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out, so please try and make it out if you can.

I dont know man. Rear one is totally gone and the front one is bad. I am going to give Ryan a call tomorrow. Only chance I will be able to get down there is Saturday afternoon. But we'll see. If I can somehow make it I'll be there. I guess I'll just have to run it another weekend with you guys. I gotta get another run in before Big Bear. Hopefully with the new tires. Have fun and good luck.

Scott-i can swing by ryans place on thursday if he has the stuff in stock.
If i had known i woulda asked him last night at the SOCAL meat.
Im off on thurs. and i will be in Scripps anyway.

This weekend (April 8th, Sat)...

So all in all- who is going to make it out this Saturday for the Corral Canyon run?

Adam?
Rob?
Felix?
nosigma?

Any other takers?

Just trying to get an idea.... thanks,

Coullt

I will be there. 0800-0900 at four corners.

John

The wife is trying to keep me home but I am working on her. So, we will see what happens. I keep telling her I need to test my Tera low 4:1. (I think she is jealous that she isnt going)

I'll be there, with my all-knowing book :) Myself, fiance and two buddies will be @ 4 corners around 815-830.

Come on Rob, I wanna see what your Jeep can do. :shocked:

Also really looking forward to meeting new people.

Can't wait!!

Hey Coullt, got a wrangler buddy coming at the last minute, he's got a Warn on the front, so that should be nice. He's open/open w/ 33s and a few inches. Should be a great time!! See ya tomorrow mornin.

los pinos... YAWN...
what time you guys gonna be on sidewinder?
If my son is feeling better I might bring him out there... maybe. I need something to do for a few hours. but I wouldn't get out there till 10ish. sidewinder should take what, half hour to run?

Rawbrown said:
los pinos... YAWN...
what time you guys gonna be on sidewinder?
If my son is feeling better I might bring him out there... maybe. I need something to do for a few hours. but I wouldn't get out there till 10ish. sidewinder should take what, half hour to run?

You know, I think 10ish would be better for me too. What says the rest of you?

Yeah, it wouldnt take too long to run it. 30-to one hour depending on how many stops we make to check things out.

I will be there at 0800 and return to 4 corners by 1000. Primary Ch 4. Call when you get in the area.

john

Hey Rob, and John, if I could get your email addresses, I'll send you a link to my kodak photo albums for your respective folders. I've got the pics uploaded, just let me know if you want the pics I got of you. Had a great time, look forward to any runs coming up, especially big bear! Peace

Adam

We ran Sidewinder and then the outer loop (Los Pinos). My first time there. Sidewinder was a lot of fun and I did some things I didnt think my XJ could do before which is always a great experience. The outer loop was much easier but had plenty of water, mud and challenging enough the you couldnt go to sleep at the switch. Best of all were the views. Must take wife and daughter up there this week to drive that and take pictures.

Chad, Chris (Wrangler) and I went to Smugglers Cave, Elliot Mine and then managed some tougher trails in an area where there is no boarder fence. We finished the run under lights. Elliot mine is really neat and has lots of fresh air so its a good time. Lots of alternate trails in the area that are more challenging than the main road. Given the sporadic automatic weapons fire, helicopter activity, drug paraphenalia and debris along the trails its not to hard to figure out what they are used for. Chad and Chris got some good pictures which I hope we can post up later.

John

Back